Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Top 10 people I'd like to meet in Malaysia

Not so long ago, when I met Arysa's friend, Mr. Hyper, he told me that his lifelong dream was to meet Dr. Mahathir and talk to him. I sympathized with him, because for such a motivated guy, I thought that he really should have a bigger dream than just meeting Dr. Mahathir.

(Last year, I had the chance to present to Dr. M for 15 minutes in a dialogue with the Government and he was really quite human, all attentive to detail and with thought-provoking commments. He even approved what my organisation was lobbying for. Cool old man - hope he keeps on thinking, writing and speaking out)

But thinking about Mr. Hyper made me think about who I would to want to meet in Malaysia. So, here's the list I've come up with:-

1) Siti Nurhaliza (Mr. Hyper would SO laugh at me, right now)
2) Tan Sri Musa Hitam (my favourite UMNO statesman)

3) Dr. Mahadi J. Murat (my favourite Malaysian director and director of Sayang Salmah)
4) Aziz M. Osman (my 2nd favourite Malaysian director and Director of Trauma and Idola)

5) Ungku Aziz (Father of Malaysian Economics)
6) Faridah Merican (Mother of Malaysian Theatre)

7) Tun Daim Zainuddin (Statesman and Malaysian Billionaire)
8) Janet Khoo or Nasha Aziz (Malaysian actress/model - I can't decide on whom I like more, so I named them both)

9) Ahmad Izham Omar (Composer, founder of Positive Tone and CEO of 8TV)
10) Michael Chong (MCA Complaints Bureau and public troubleshooter)

I admire all of them for their contributions, their knowledge, their talents or sometimes (being the superficial chap that I am) their beauty. ;)

Boy, if Mr. Hyper got to read this, he really has a chance to get even with me! Haha!

Anyone who can help me meet these 10 people, gimme a buzz!:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Stingrayz said...

Arysa dear,

There's nothing wrong with wanting to meet Dr. M, like Mr Hyper.

But it certainly it shouldn't be one's lifelong dream-lah. The way Dr. M used to travel around the country, everybody would have had at least, a 70% chance of meeting him. Except maybe, if you're katak bawah tempurung le.;)

I would argue that Siti has done as much as Dr. M, for this country, albeit in a different way. She's given traditional Malay men something to hope for and something to aspire to, in getting a wife. Hahahahahaha,....

As for Nasha Aziz, I feel that she's got the potential to be this country's Ashley Judd - beauty and talent combined. Watch her act in Trauma and you will agree with me. :) And,...she looks great on this month's cover of GLAM. (Yes, I'm superficial);)

Eh, don't lah get Malena into this,...I wonder who she would like to meet? Probably not the owner of Starbucks! ;)

Now, about meeting Siti,....;)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Iyyyyeeelaaaah, Arysa Meow, I know Mr Hyper has a good heart. I never said he didn't. I even thought more of him than you did, by thinking that he could do better than meet Dr. M, to fulfill his lifelong dream.

As for the Stepford wife thing, actually it's not true. I want a Siti-ford wife! Hehehehehe,...the shallow shall inherit the earth! :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Lady Gargle said...

I had the opportunity of working with Faridah Merican back in the Actors Studio Dataran Merdeka days. Had a blast working with her :)

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home