Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm Happy For You, Younger Brother

Hearing the news from you on the phone today, was really surprising, dear brother.

Even though we're not related by blood, but aside from Josh (who is a few months older than me - heh!), you're the closest thing I;ve ever had, to a younger brother.


And I'm very, very happy for you. That your ship of joy, has finally arrived. That you've decided to end your bachelor days and to settle down with a fantastic girl, whom you probably previously thought, did not exist. Aren't you glad now, that you didn't settle for less? :)

I understand how you feel, as I've been there before. It's glorious to love and be loved, in return, isn't it? :) I remember,....


As I share in the sound your happiness on the other end of the phone, it gently dawned on me - that I'm going to lose you to the world matrimony too, soon. And that I'll probably be seeing much less, of you.

And that I will miss our long Sunday lunches and weekday dinners - discussing all things political and Malaysiana and I shally miss all our great karaoke outings. And most of all, sharing all the inane and politically incorrect jokes about women and other stuff.


But it's a fleeting thought.

All things must change with time, but they dont't necessarily have to change for the worse. Sometimes, things evolve for the better.

Just like when Josh got married - I don't consider it losing a brother, I consider it gaining a sister-in-law. :) And perhaps, in future, a few nephews and nieces too.

Congratulations again, dear brother!

No one deserves this happiness more than you and no one knows the meaning of her presence in your life, more than I. And she's a very lucky girl, too.

I mean that, brother. :)

Be happy always and may God's blessings be with both of you, throughout your lifetime together. Amin!


p.s.

*I have not mentioned your name in the blog, as I thought that if anything, the big announcement should come on your blog, first. ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ya ray...
long time tak jot down here in ur comment box..
yealaa kan ray..i feel the same thing wht ur feeling now..
even u give ur blessing n share the happiness with the annoucement ..u could'n help feeling the 'loss' coz u know that u'r gonna see less n less of this frens of urs..
there'l b no more of gurl's day out..slumber party ..(for me lahh kan)
the pressure lagik la when ur best fren parents keep asking u biler lakk u nyer turn to tie the knot!! ohh goshhh..
nyway at the same time u'l get to xpand like u said the family circle wth the new ppl coming in..
heks thta life ray kan..
happy wednesday peeps..

9:39 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Shud:

I can totally relate. :) Happy Wednesday to you too (Is there such a thing?) ;)

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I would like to add my congratulations to He Who Must Not Be Named too. Though I must say that my happiness for him may also be due to this fact, now that he is in love and getting married, hopefully he shall mellow and not be so dogmatic! LOL! To the person concerned -Jangan marah ... :-) Anyway, can't wait to meet her.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home