Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, May 25, 2006

American Idol - The Final Entry for Season 5

This is the last entry on my blog, for American Idol (Season 5) this year. And I think this has been the best American Idol season for me.

It's been a great ride and thanks to all who have gone through the journey with me on this blog, whoever it is that you've supported. :)

And don't forget to watch the great Idol finale.

Al Jarreau, Meatloaf, Clay Aiken, Carrie Underwood, Toni Braxton, Mary J. Blige and the enigmatic Prince, make an appearance. And all 12 finalists have a great reunion. It will make you feel like rushing out to your nearest karaoke joint for a singing session!

(And don't forget to watch the Puck and Pickler show - it's HILARIOUS!)

Taylor Hicks is a humble and truly deserving winner (and obviously, a very warm and well-mannered human being) and Katherine was a gracious runner-up.

Special mention goes to Pixie: what will you do to bug my Thursdays now? ;)

***************************************************************

Of course, this is not the last that you'll hear from me on music competitions. Next week is Akademi Fantasia!!

The "Menuju Puncak" song is already playing in my head,...I wonder if Mrs. Prim can still dance to this song? ;) Maybe we can teach little Shakira, a few dance steps! Heh!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,

American Idol dah takde, I'm sure there are other issues that we can talk about kan? We are, after all, very interesting people, kan? ;)

Anyway, I still want my Ipod!!! I menang bet tu.... buy me an Ipod lah. A white one would be good.. hehehe... If you want to replace with dinner, you've got to buy me at least 10 dinners at American Chilis ke, TGIF ke, Monte ke, etc.. heheh.

And NO, I'm sure Bucky is NOT gay! :p (Alahai.. but he is so comel!!)

Take care now..

8:22 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pixie:

Please tell me that you watch Akademi Fantasia. :)

I don't know about us, but you're probably interesting. Shall we find out over coffee? ;)

As for the I-Pod, no go lah, babe. But as for 10 dinners, boleh consider - spread out over 10 months?

By then, the new season of American Idol would have begun. :D

Bucky is comel? Haiyooo, what's wrong with your eyes, dear? Bucky looks like my jaga kantin kat sekolah, dulu. ;D

9:43 AM  
Blogger fade0 said...

So it was Taylor after all ay? He was my favourite as well. He got my votes right after that James Ingram number.

TV over here is still showing the semi finals with the last 4 contentants.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not encourage Mrs Prim. She is bad enough as it is. I can't wait for AF to start though a friend of mine just sms ed me last night. "After watching American Idol and then switching to channel 4 for AF audition, I feel like I want to migrate!" Lol!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

fade0:

Yep, it was Taylor.

But whenever I hear Chris Daughtry sing, I wonder whether we've been robbed, of a true American Idol. He's so good!


Xena:

Encourage her? I might actually learn the dance from her! ;)

Aiya, AF has its own special charm. Aznil Nawawi is truckloads more entertaining than Ryan Seacrest.

The whole Diari AF thing is great too - even if they do talk to the cameras like Farah did, 2 years ago. ;)

And our AF contestants are usually far poorer and down-trodden than American Idol finalists are. You tend to have a far softer spot for them.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean, YOU tend to have a far softer spot for them. I, on the other hand, am as usual overly critical. :-)

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree it's the best season of american idol so far.

what about one in a million? you're not watching? it's on tonight on 8tv

8:24 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Xena:

That's why you're the Warrior Princess and I'm Clark Kent. :)


Ali:

Welcome to the blog, bro'! :)

One In A Million? Maybe I'll check that out too. Thanks for the heads up.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so sweet lah, Stingray..

Would love to have coffee/tea/dinner with you but that's quite impossible, I'm afraid. We don't live in the same town.. heheh.

But yes, I watch Akademi Fantasia (sometimes).

And I so tak puas hati how you can still kutuk my Bucky. I'm sure he doesnt look like your jaga kantin dulu... hehe. You're so mean lah.

Anyway, take care. Will chat again later..

8:53 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pixie:

We don't live in the same town? All this while I thought you were in KL.

I guess we're just going to have to do it like the jet-setting rich and famous do it - lunch in breakfast in London, lunch in Paris and dinner in New York. ;)

(More like breakfast in Ipoh, lunch in Penang and dinner in Langkawi) ;D

Ok lah, Bucky doesn't look like my jaga kantin lah. My jaga kantin look s better. How's that? Hehehehhe.

Just kidding!

U have a good weekend too, Pixie!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home