Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Days of Loss and Sadness

It seems like these days, the people in my generation have reached that sad stage in their lives, where they are beginning to experience the loss of one or both parents. :(

It's truly a sobering experience, which I sometimes wish we would not have to go through. Nothing is as irreplaceable as our parents.

Last night, 2 dear friends - Johan and Aisyah - lost their father to a heart attack. (Updated correction: He passed away due to haemorrhaging dengue, suffered a few days after a successful heart bypass operation) My deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences to both of you and your family, on your great loss. :( I wish for both of you, strength and patience, in these saddest of times.

It's little consolation, I know - but I always believe that our parents live forever in us - in our memories, accompanying our prayers, in the next generation, in the things they've taught us and the good values which they cherished and that we continue to uphold, even long after they're gone.

And sometimes, the loss of one parent - makes our effort in loving the remaining one, even more. I've been there too.

To Joe and Aisyah - may your father's soul find the greatest of blessings, in the next life. Al-Fatihah.

4 Comments:

Blogger D said...

It was quite heart-wrenching.

I was equally shocked when I found out about her dad's passing.

Al-fatihah.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Danyanova:

Yes, it was shocking news indeed. :(

But both Johan and Aisyah are sheer pictures of emotional strength and fortitude, despite their deeply immense grief.

Al-fatihah.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband's father passed away exactly a month before my own father did a little more than a year ago. Then on January 9th he lost his mother too. His only relative now is his sister who lives in Oregon and who is still mourning the loss of her husband last November. My husband jokes that he is now oficially an anak yatim piatu and eligible for zakat and I had better treat him right. He only has me, our children and my family to call his own.

My mother with all her faults and 'angin' has always been my pillar of strength and security. For God's sake, I'm 34 and still living with her maaa... I wish I'd be granted with half of my husband's strength when time comes for her to go.

I know u've been there n done that. I hope u stay strong too.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Noni:

You don't come to the strength of facing the situation of a death of a parent - there's no possible way of preparing for such an unfortunate event.

It is the strength that usually finds you, when you're going through it, much to one's own surprise sometimes.

I'm quite sure that you're as much a source of strength and security to your mum, as much as she is to you.

By the way, I agree with your hubby on the anak yatim piatu bit and I'm very open to zakat donations, too. ;)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home