Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Reaching for 2007

December is always a month that gets me restless.

Partly because it's a short month and everyone seems to be on holiday. It's hard for work to progress when everyone's either on holiday or is in the holiday mood.

As I find myself urgently wanting to get more done this month - I'm finding that not many people in other companies are co-operating with me.

Aiyomaaa,...kadavale. It's challenging on the nerves, I tell you.

There's a part of me that wants to shout "we're not on holiday yet!" to some of these people - but I think that would work against me, right now.

Patience is a virtue. There is no truer phrase than that, right now. Oh December! What you do to me!

*******************************************

Now, I'm going to ramble a little.

For some reason, I'm looking forward to 2007 (and no, it's not just because I'm annoyed with the coming holidays,....)

This is because 2007 will probably mark a year of many new beginnings, for me. And of many significant changes, in the lives of those around me, too.

Change would be good, at about right now. Life's getting a little too stale and I want to stop going around in circles, on certain things. Though I shan't promise myself anything because I don't usually keep new year resolutions.

Maybe it's easier to make a change without making any resolutions. Just do it! - as Nike espouses.

And I've almost come to a decision on certain major items. It's either going to be the Honda Civic 1.8 or the Ford Focus 1.8. Both have got their strengths and appeal, to me. I'll decide when I have to, in January.

And 2007 is probably a time to start looking at the next piece of property to own - perhaps, a landed one, this time. I once thought that this should wait until I get married - but why wait for something that may not happen, right?,....life must go on.


2007 will mark a return to The NGO, as a Council Member again.

It's going to feel strange being on active "national service" duty again - but with The Prince and Dr Saint in the lead and with our mission to revive the organization - this should be an enthralling journey. And we have to succeed - for the industry to return to where it once was.

It helps that some of our friends are now in positions and organizations where they are capable of supporting our efforts. And I hope that courage and determination will be with them.


2007 is the year that I will register as a card-carrying political party member - I think this promises to be one of the more controversial parts next year, considering my choice of political party.


And yes, a serious hobby is definitely on the cards for 2007. Again, I'm not going to make promises on this one - just in case, I don't carry it out. But it falls to one of three choices - vocal classes, writing for theatre or dance classes.

Though based on current interest and the amazing number of hours per week I spend at Star KTV, nowadays - it'll probably be vocal classes. Even without training, I can see some improvement and I just wanna see what I could do, if I was properly trained.

2006 has felt like a long year to me - although it has felt like a breeze to everyone else. But to me - it has been a long and challenging year.

It's better than 2004, but it's still tough. And it's a year where I've learnt so many things about me and about life. But I cannot lie - I'm happy to see this year pass.

I'd like for 2007 to be be shorter and more fulfilling.

More answers and fewer questions. And with a heart that has a bigger capacity to accept things the way they are, or the way they have become. To smile more, to frown less. To be happier, more often than not.

More living than waiting to live. More right calls on people, fewer big mistakes. More in touch with God, more often than not.

I'm looking forward to 2007. :) InsyaAllah, a better year awaits.

13 Comments:

Blogger Seeking Solace said...

I'd go for the Civic but make that a 2.0.
Happy 2007, may your wishes come true :)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Solace:

Yes, dear. The Civic 2.0 version won the Car of The Year award, recently.

But it's a bit pricey-lah. For that price, I might as well go all the way for an Accord.

Happy 2007 to you, too. May it be a better year for all of us. :)

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ray, do take my 1st 2 comments as a challenge .. :-), after all, it does look like Acat and I are going to end up buying you dinner on that other matter ...

Re car - I will believe it when I see it! And I do not want to hear about it anymore!

Re hobby - I will believe it when I see it!

Re political party - I still have my doubts about the party in question

1:55 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Xena:

On the car - but it's true! ;D At least you know I've thought it through. :)

On the hobby - will definitely pick it up. All depends on interest, cost and constraints. :)

On the political party - yes, anyone would, given race-based politics in this country. It's a big step - and I understand your concern.

It may work out or it may not once I'm inside - but I have to give it a shot.

But the most important thing is, to know why one is joining the party and jumping into the fray. And to go in with your eyes and mind, wide open.

And after that - to just give it a shot.

Better than to just talk, accuse and criticise in wide open cyberspace - breeding corrosive negativity about Malaysia without actually moving constructive change, for our future generations.

Given the political circumstances, my nature and the things I believe in for Malaysia - there isn't a better party where I can take my stand, without feeling like a hypocrite.

If I'm wrong about the party (and what it could be) - then I'll leave.

But it's better than being in a "comfort zone" party where change is hardly possible and we all have to wear the bigot's mask and garb to be accepted.

And you know me, dear - I can't fight for things that I don't believe in.

People more idealistic than me have gone down that path before - and before long, have made repulsive monsters of themselves, in trying to garner acceptance within a certain party.

Sometimes, it's better to be a small ripple in clean waters than to end up being a tidal wave in polluted sewage.

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

InsyaAllah, a good year for you in 2007. How have you been keeping?

I will have to look for a new car too when I come back to KL. But with car prices being much cheaper in JKT, I will find it a hard decision to fork out all that money for a good car. The price for an Avanza in JKT 44K Rinngit, BMW 320 200K Ringgit. It's 50% more expensive in KL!

On another note, how are your business ventures and your love life? If you don't mind my asking, that is.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Babu:

Hey, Babu! Good to hear from you again - welcome back to the blog. I've been fine, thanks.

Business is progressing along to the next stage as it should (although not as fast as I'd like it to go) and love life,....is non-existent.

I'm actually emotionally exhausted enough to not try anymore, for the while and maybe that's a good thing.

I think I've joined the club of people who feel that "kalau ada, ada. Kalau takde, we'll just enjoy the single life that we have."

Though I must admit, it's a strange place to be. I usually never give up on things - at most, I take a break and recover.

But maybe - just maybe - as far as my love life is concerned, I've come to the point where I'm suffering from a loss of self-confidence.

I think I'm suffering from a mental block - where I actually think that I cannot end up with the women that I want. That they wouldn't want me.

So, nowadays - I seem to not even try.

Enough about boring old me,...how's the family man resisting the temptations of Jakarta's beauties? :)


Yes, cars in Jakarta are cheaper - I remember on my trip to Jakarta feeling envious that they were using Toyota Vios as taxis (purchasable at the equivalent of RM56K+, if I remember correctly)

When are you coming back, bro'? It'll be good to catch up over teh tarik.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, to hear that your last relationship didn't work out. Am a little busy to reply to you right now. I am still in the office and tonight will be a long one burning the midnight candle.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Babu:

No worries - take your time in replying. I'm not going anywhere. :)

Good luck with the work!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that 2007 is going to be a great year for me too. If I am still alive, that is. Heh.

Welcome 2007!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Suara:

InsyaAllah, it'll be a good year for you, dear. :)

And as for how long we live, who really knows? But we have to remain positive on that, right? No point sitting around waiting to die.

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ray

If you look at what you do not have in life, you dont have anything but if you look at what you have in life, then you have everything.

May you have a better year ahead :)

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that this year was not a particularly good one for you. But i do want you to know that one of the good things that happened to ME this year was discovering your blog... your words of wisdom have been most inspirational and you have made an impact on me.

Btw,i posted a comment a while back, but you seem to have confused me with someone else. Oddly enough though, i half-thought you were someone i know too.

P.S. the music school where i teach offers vocal classes, in case you're wondering where to start looking :)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Anonymous:

Actually, the glass is never quite that half-empty or half-full, no matter how I look at it.

It's never quite that stark, of having nothing or everything. It's just somewhere in between.

But perhaps, in some years - the taste of the half you have (or don't have), seems more bitter and is far harder to swallow, than other years.


Marlene:

Hey dear - sorry that I've confused you with someone else. Honest mistake.

I have a friend named Marlene (who is a fabulously talented dancer) whose name is spelled exactly the same way. What are the chances of that happening, huh? ;)

But welcome back to the blog. And who knows?

Maybe you do know me - the world is usually such a small place, as I continue discovering every year.

And thank you so very much for your kind words. :)

You don't know how much that means to me, knowing that this blog makes a positive difference to you. Am very happy that you feel that way. :)

As long as you enjoy reading, I will continue writing. :)

You teach in a music school? Cool! :)

E-mail me (at stingraydreams@yahoo.co.uk) and give me details of the place, please. That would be most helpful, dear. :)

Thanks, Marlene! :)

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home