Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Of Hearts That Grow

There are times in life, when you'll be surprised by how far your heart can grow.

Tonight, I listened to her talk about her hopes and fears, regarding the love of her life. The woman whom I used to love - or still do, if I'd care to admit it.

She's still riveting - I could listen to her talk all night, I kid you not.

It's a strange mixture of emotions.

On the one hand, I never realized how much I still felt for her, despite the walls I've deliberately put up over time. Make no mistake - there isn't very much that I would not stake or sacrifice for this woman.

On the other, I sincerely and genuinely wished for her happiness with the man that she wants. I truly wanted her to be happy, even if I'm not the lucky man and she's not by my side. In fact, I found myself encouraging her relationship.

And I was surprised that I felt all of these feelings, at the same time.

She's far from perfect, I know - but my emotions seem to recognize no limits or boundaries, when it comes to her.

The heart does grow over time, if you let it. It matures and escapes beyond selfish confines to the limitless ambit of sweet sorrow.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sharizal said...

all u need to do now is to remember that tag line for your next relationship when u think its not going that well. ;)

3:28 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Sharizal:

Haha! Very funny, bro'! :)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the wise Neruda said:
es tan corto el amor, y tan largo el olvido
(Love is so short, and forgetting is so long)

And don't I know that one well enough... :(
I pray for your peace & strength. T'care!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Iammine:

Neruda was very right on that one.

Though sometimes, one finds that love is not all that short - and seems to prevail over very much everything - even sense.

Peace and strength on you too, dear.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that I have found someone who loves me as much and everlasting, as you love her. InsyaAllah.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Suara:

InsyaAllah, you'll get it.

But be careful when you wish for unconditional love, dear.

If you don't know how to value it, you may take it for granted and lose it - as most people would.

And if you take it granted, you will lose sight of the times when you have failed your loved one - even if you do it repeatedly.

Better in life to ask for the love you deserve and can value, sometimes - though it may not necessarily be unconditional.

For human beings are usually only aware of the true worth of things they have, when they're liable to lose them.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful (sigh)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The strong emotions you feel for this lady... reminds me of someone i knew. I had the good fortune of knowing this wonderful man for a few months, but it didnt work out, partly because he was still very much in love with his ex-girlfriend. It hurt then,but now i realise such profound love should be admired. And i'm thankful just for having met him at all

9:36 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Anonymous:

I'll take that as a good sigh. Thanks! :)


Marlene:

Hey there, stranger a.k.a. happy woman!

Fancy you dropping by my blog - I must have done something right, in my life. :)

Sorry to hear about the outcome with the man. That's life, I guess.

I don't know whether it's profound, a curse or something to be admired.

Most times, it cannot be helped.

The jury's still out on whether it's a good or bad thing.

But I guess the most important thing is - to be true to oneself. Without it, being true to others becomes an impossibility.

And as life will teach us, there's always a price to honesty.

We live in a society which prefers the perfection of public fiction, to the gruelling journey of reality.


p.s. When's the wedding, dear? :)

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home