Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Dido and Duncan Sheik on my mind

The lyrics from "See The Sun" by Dido is circulating in my head, although not exactly in the context in which the song was written:

"And you probably don't want to hear that tomorrow's another day
But I promise you you'll see the sun again,
And you're asking me why pain's the only way to happiness
And I promise you you'll see the sun again"

And another from the lyrics of "Freshmen" by Duncan Sheik, again not in the context in which he wrote it (Correction: Verve Pipe wrote it according to Idlan and Xena. Thanks guys!):

"For the life of me,
I cannot remember
what made us think that we were wise
and we never compromise,
For the life of me,
I cannot believe that we'd ever die
for this since,
we were merely freshmen".

At about right now, both excerpts from the lyrics are haunting me. Am not quite sure why, but it suits the current mood.

3 Comments:

Blogger Idlan said...

Wasn't Freshmen by Verve Pipe? Or did Duncan Sheik release a newer version?

2:42 AM  
Blogger Ayu Jamli said...

I thought it was by Verve Pipe too.. Hmm, when I first heard the song years ago, I thought one particular line didn't make sense. 'I cannot believe that we'd ever die FORTY CENTS, we were merely freshmen'. It was only a month later that I discovered that what I thought was 'forty cents' was actually 'for this since'. Maybe you're right, Stingray, I do have a hearing problem and can be a bit of a bimbo! Ha! Ha!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Idlan:

You're right. Original is from Verve Pipe, but I've only heard the Duncan Sheik remake, about a few years back.

Xena dear:

With or without FORTY CENTS, I think the fact that you're a bit of a bimbo, is well-known amongst our group of friends! ;) But if not you, who else is going to play the all-important role? Hehehehe,...

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home