Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Saturday, December 25, 2004

A Note to Ms. Heartbreaker

Dear Ms. Heartbreaker,

Today, you broke my heart and you walked away from what we have.

I'm not quite sure why you walked away. Is it because you never meant all the expressions of love you said to me, on those riveting after-midnight phone conversations? Or is it because you did mean them and you were afraid of what that would mean for the future?

I guess I'd never know, because you unilaterally decided to walk away and say that it's for the best. For whom? For you or for me?

I've lost you and there's nothing I can do about it. On top of that, you've ruined the friendship too.

But as a parting advice, heed my words: Life never entirely works the way we plan it to. Just because we've decided on the path that we think will make us happy, doesn't mean that we will be happy. Just because you've decided not to drive on the highway, doesn't mean that a bus won't knock you down on the road kerb.

You only get what you give in Life. And most times, you get lesser than what you give - but usually, no more than that. If you've decided on a life where there is nothing that you would devote 100% efforts to, then perhaps you should contemplate the returns that you will get from such a "low-target" investment.

People who are afraid of life, love, joy, decisions, realities and disappointments will continue their lives, like the dead - they won't get a chance to live. For a refusal to try your best, is to deny the blessings that Life has in store for you.

But for all it's worth and for all the love that I have for you, good luck in your future life, Ms. Heartbreaker. I hope Life goes according your plan.

And if it doesn't - reconsider and find the courage TO LIVE. My love and prayers are with you, ALWAYS. Thank you for the short and sweet illusion, which I totally fell for. As the Madonna song goes - take a bow - you were entirely convincing.

You must have been kissing a fool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Voice said...

I've been pulled, a number of times, into a similar kind of illusion - sweet, and short. Got me disillusioned enough to treat any other afterwards as just that - an illusion. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I don't know. Never stick long enough to find out.

I'm sorry your heart is broken. But it's a fact of life that there is no piece of heart in this world which will stay intact from the moment it starts beating until the moment it ends.

Broken hearts, in a way, are stronger. More resilient, more receptive to pain, more adventerous in their quest for the everlasting healer,perhaps.

You will find the healer.
I will find the healer.
We both will.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Voice:

Good to hear from you again. Yes, we both have to find the healer. It's too ironic to live a wonderful life, but constantly nursing a broken heart.

After all, what is the point of extraordinary achievements, when the simplest things in life, (at least, for others) can be so difficult for us?

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home