Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Changing Directions

There has been some major decisions in my life last week.

I abandoned my intentions to join the Even Bigger Program, under Rock Solid Partner, because I'm tired of delays and Government bureaucracy.

I retired from my post in the Council of the industry NGO, that I helped to grow in the last 4 years and the platform from which I contributed my service to the seedling companies in my industry and the nation. Even though I felt that I had failed to achieve my targets, the break for "oxygen" was necessary before I become totally disillusioned by Malaysia.

I'm throwing myself full-time into a business venture that has great potential, which I had invested in, a few months ago. And I'm doing it just for me. No greater cause, no public service, no other people to help this time, no Joe Citizen anymore. This one's entirely for me. Just me - Joe Ordinary.

It's always a little scary, when you're getting out of your comfort zone and starting from scratch all over again. But I've done this several times before, in the past. Win or lose, I've benefited from the experience, both ways. It's made me into what I am today and it shall continue making me into the person I'm destined to become.

I'm 32, I'm divorced and single (and an apparent failure in love), I'm not anywhere near the person I envisioned to be when I was younger (back then, all I wanted to be was one of Daim's boys, like Tan Sri Halim Saad or Tan Sri Azmi Wan Hamzah), I'm living in a lovely condo alone and I'm in a new business venture. Life is strangely unfamiliar, but refreshing.

But then, sometimes, in life, you've got to change directions several times, before you can find out what you're truly capable (or incapable) of. Never shut the door on your possibilities and it will never shut its door, on you. That's the only way we're ever going to learn anything new.

It's both fun and scary, to change directions in life. But it keeps life interesting. Your life is now and it's waiting to be lived - but only if you dare.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the best

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May Allah continue to bless you in and along this new direction, and may Allah continue to let me be around to cheer the journey. Ganbatte kudasai!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

stingray,
fears always come before changes because of the uncertainty of what next. but it is a heroic move. it is better to have fear now than to wonder what if...?, when we are seventy or eighty. all the best in the world.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sting (cewahhh... heheh),

thanks for reminding me, i gotta pindah cepat2 (don't want to be perempuan melayu terakhir!). all the best. singgah rumah if you're down in SG.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Wandering Soul: Thanks

Voice: What the Japanese words mean? :)

Minamona: True. We are all work-in-progress. Except that sometimes, I think I should be working on a different stage of my life, by now

Anasalwa: Can't agree with you more. I'm a big believer in the "No-What-Ifs" lifestyle - we only pass this way once. Make the best of it.

Najah: Best of luck in SG. No worries, the next time I'm down there - I will definitely give you guys a buzz. Enjoy the extended honeymoon. ;)

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ganbattekudasai means good luck

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home