Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Back Online!

Close to one month after moving into my new condo, I finally have internet access at home. No thanks to TM, who has refused to drag in phone lines to my place until there are 200 applicants. But with many thanks, to the latest innovation in town - Jaring Wireless Broadband! :)

It's good to be accessing the Net, from home again. I'm tired of getting to know the cybercafe near MidValley Megamall, really well. Thoughts don't flow to me in a public place, writing is a very private act for me. I need the space and the silence to feel and think. I need to be able to hear myself, think.

The new condo is beginning to look like a real home. The new sofa and dining set (which I got for bargain prices, thanks to value-hunting with Xena) fits in nicely with the look and feel of the condo, creating an relaxed, elegant yet cozy atmosphere.

Next week on Monday, my lovely kitchen cabinet comes in (this is the part I've spent the most money on - so, friends who can cook are welcome to drop by! ;)). Give me another month, this condo will be an amazing place to stay.

There is much to tell. Since my last blog, I've been to both Manila and Singapore. Manila sprang a pleasant surprise for me, in the form of a lovely and intelligent political scientist, whom I've grown to miss. Sometimes, life surprises you when you least expect it. But then again, I will be making a repeat trip to Manila on the 17th - and this time, it's purely for pleasure.

Good to be back online, folks! Hidup Jaring Wireless Broadband!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well well well, finally. Couldn't wait to get the right timing to scoop on the 'pleasant surprise' :p Welcome Back!

9:21 AM  
Blogger LastJan said...

It appears the much cliched line "you'll find it when you stop looking for it" finally rings true for you :-)
Better brush up on your Tagalog.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home