Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My Best Friend's Wedding

As of the 1st of May 2005, Josh and Ms. Prim are now legally husband and wife. :)

Alhamdulillah - sometimes, fairy tales do come true. Truly, I cannot be happier for the both of them. Especially my best friend - no one deserves it more than him.

It was a memorable akad nikah at the exquisite Masjid Wilayah. I was Josh's pengapit and ring-bearer at the akad nikah. He was nervous, but he tried not to show it. The lafaz nikah came and he passed it the first time round, with no hesitations. I saw Ms. Prim smile, (or should I say Mrs. J now?)perhaps anticipating the joy of their future lives together.

As Joe performed the sunat prayers after the akad nikah was over and I stood behind him, at the back of my mind, I pondered how far my best friend had come. As a man, he had grown under Mrs. J. I have a new level respect for him and the man that he is today. He was a terribly nice friend before this, but now, he's an outstanding man.

The night's wedding reception at Dewan Merak Kayangan, was even more engaging. It was simple, warm, unpretentious and well-planned and executed. The MCs were professional (yes, ZR, you and Genius Chick both, were good) and Farah, the appointed wedding singer (who happens to be the bride's cousin) sang well, not to mention, extremely pretty.

The bride and bridegroom looked resplendent and happy. I gave the wedding speech of my life for my best friend - and I was thankful that both of them (as well as the crowd)loved it.

Didn't get a chance to quote anything from any of the books, as it was all packed up into boxes (since I'm moving houses), but I decided to go with what works - to write straight from the heart. And I did, because I meant every word.

And do me a favour, my two lovely friends - when you have children, please let me share the joy with both of you - I would love to be their godfather who will strive to spoil them with gifts and affection (If I don't ever get married, they might be the only kids that will ever get to benefit from my affection, haha!)and whom they will absolutely adore.

There's much to look forward to. Because of both of you, I will continue believing in fairy tales. Even if, it never happens to me.

To Mr. and Mrs. J - Selamat Pengantin Baru, semoga bahagia ke anak cucu.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and celebrations -to Mr and Mrs. J a.k.a. Ms and Mr P! Semoga berbahagia hingga ke akhir hayat :)

Love is all around, it seems...and the story goes on..

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apasal la lambat sangat my comment ni nak reflected kat main page? blogger neh...hehehe.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Will be going to Manila on an ASEAN Conference for the next few days, till Friday. So, will not be blogging much.

The good news is that I've moved into my first owned home in Kelana Jaya. :)

Everything's still a mess and there's so much to do - but I think I'll be investing money, heart and soul, to make the place a great place to stay.

After all, I foresee myself spending a lot more time indoors, in the future. Getting old-lah!Haha! ;)

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home