Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Amazing Ride Begins

Here it is, finally. The moment I've been waiting for in the last 6 months.

We've received our first Term Sheet - a proposal for a seed investment of RM1.7 million in our company, for a certain equity stake. And we're expecting another competing offer, from another prospective institutional investor - 2 weeks from now. It's nice to have a choice.

Frankie and I, are absolutely delighted and overjoyed. :)

The last time I was this happy, was when I helped clinched RM100 million in Government funds for The Program, via The NGO. I was just 29, then.

Now I'm almost 33. The difference is, this time, it's not for the industry anymore - it's just for me and my company.

(Yes, I can see some of my friends and former colleagues nodding in approval - they've always felt that I should do things which benefit me personally, a bit more)

But it dawned upon us that we're now gradually getting out of the fundraising stage and moving into the implementation and product roll-out stage. Once the due dilligence is done and the money comes in, the work is going to pile on us, for the next 6 months.

And more after that. I've got butterflies in my tummy, already - just thinking about it.

This is it - this will be the moment of the proof of the pudding. This is the time where we show our investors that their faith in us, has not been misplaced. That it's the beginning of something new, innovative and with rapid potential of growing even bigger.

Alhamdulillah. Thank you, God for this second chance. Your Mercy and Compassion, is without limits.


But at the risk of sounding like I'm asking for too much - now all I need, is another sort of "Term Sheet" - with regards to another form of proposal. A non-business one. And it involves a lifetime of investment - of one's life. Her life. But that's an issue for another day.

Today, we celebrate this crucial step and look forward to working harder (and smarter) - for the sake of tomorrow's business success.

InsyaAllah.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u met someone and you're proposing to her? :)))

10:49 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Dinzie:

Trust you to miss the topic! ;)

Of course not! It's an old proposal to someone I've known and loved before,...and hoping the conclusion will be different, this time round.

InsyaAllah. What are we without His mercy? And what are we without hope and effort, in all things?

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiyoh sorry lah. but still, you are in lurve??? with an old flame? wah wah very nice. i hope it works out well for you.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you mate!

If you don't mind me asking, what product are you manufacturing and what business line are you in? Would be interesting to know what new and innovative products VC's are funding these days.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Dinzie:

The old flame not so old one. Less than half a year ago. I guess I was never stopped carrying the torch for her. :)


Anonymous:

I don't mind you asking, bro'. But I'm afraid I'm not in a position to reply yet. I hope you understand.

But the product should be out, latest, by the last quarter of the year.

And by the way, it's not VC funding. It's from an individual investor, who is in the manufacturing line.

If I had to wait for seed funding from VCs, I might starve first - in 2 different lifetimes. :)

With all due respect, most VCs in Malaysia only know how to spot 2nd best investment opportunities - that's just my personal opinion - having been slightly more than active observer in the industry for the last 5 years.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Cloudchaser:

Thanks! Welcome to the blog!


Thinktankgal:

InsyaAllah. Tolong doakan yang mulut awak masin, ye? ;)

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home