Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Stork Cometh,....

My best friend, Josh and his wife, Mrs. Prim, celebrates the birth of their first born daughter. She was born at 6.07 p.m. today and weighs 3.45 kg.

Many congratulations to you, my dearest friends.:)

Today, I share your happiness on the addition of this little bundle of joy, into your lives. May she be the source of many guises of rezeki and blessings, within your family.

And Josh - I still remember the time in a past life when our circumstances were the same and I told you that things would get better. Do you believe me now? :)

Looks like things got better faster for you, than it did for me. But then again, you so deserve it much more than I do.

And while I catch up with you, to enjoy the the same things that you have with your family - I hope you don't mind me living vicariously through you. I'm sure you'll make an excellent and doting father - as you've been always been one of the kindest and gentlest souls, I know.

And I hope your daughter will know one day, that besides her parents who love her very much, Uncle Ray will always be here for her, as her godfather or uncle figure. Maybe I can teach her to bowl, one day, huh? :)

I'm very happy for the both of you. :)

These are the best days of our youthful lives and I'm honoured to be able to share these special moments with you. These are moments that give meaning to everything else that we strive for and achieve, in our lives.

Take that camera out and put it to good use, k? :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Mr Josh, Mrs Prim and Uncle Sting ;)

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am very excited too. A roly poly baby girl for Aunty Xena to spoil and terrorise too!! Mua ha ha ha! Hey Ray, you should add that the stork has also made delivery to Najah and Fische!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your friends - it will be an exhilirating experience.

I reckon however that many are awaiting, with bated breath, the usual deep and penetrating socio-political analysis from you (otherwise, unsubstantiated juicy gossip will also do).

"Living vicariously" indeed! :)

Anon 2

3:10 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Voice:

On their behalf and mine - thanks!


Xena:

Aunty Xena, please do not spread negative Vietnamese influences to little Shakira (and Najah's and Fische's little Idris) so early on!

And yes, not forgetting, a belated public congrats to both Najah and Fische on Idris's birth recently. I will see baby Idris in April.


Anon 2:

On behalf of my friends - thanks!

As for socio-political analysis, I only write when I have something to say. If not, I don't. LMD is not a political column - it's just an outlet for me.

Maybe you want to try Aisehman or Jeff Ooi or Malaysiakini for more regular feeds.

As for juicy gossip, I'm sure others (in other blogs) provide more exciting gossip than me. I lead a pretty sedate, uninteresting life.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Clarissa Lee said...

Congrats. Welcome to the godparents club. Ha (;

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Negative Vietnamese values??? Like what? How to dress?? Ooooh that is giving me ideas, i think I shall buy little Syakira a nice little dress in the style of what I like to wear. :-)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

TTG:

Yeah! Bring them on, TTG! And in 20 -30 years time, when I become Datuk Stingray and still single, I can look for a young wife from their friends! ;)

(Don't pengsan yeeee,...:))


N is not my name:

Thanks. Welcome to the blog.:) I think your blog's an interesting read. And Corrupted Sutra is a nice name.


Xena:

Aiyooooo,...I think little Syakira will be the only one in kindergarten one day, that will look like she's going partying in Heritage Row! Hehe!

Josh and Mrs. Prim - be forewarned! ;)

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home