Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Out Of Reach

There was a house BBQ party last night at Yummy Girl's place. It was a low-key affair, but I really enjoyed myself. The food was good and the company was excellent.

Yummy Girl is one of those girls who I've always admired, but has always been out of my reach. Not because of anything else - but because she considers me "too nice", for her liking - a large part of which is because, I don't drink alcoholic beverages or smoke.

(She's actually said this before to me, one night in a club in KL, albeit in a slightly tipsy and half-flirtatious mode - "You know, Ray - I'd go out with you, if you weren't so baik". I had half a mind to list out to her all my vices (and mistakes) to her just to show that I'm not that baik - but I was hesitant - just in case, she would start rolling on the floor in laughter, at how inconsequential and mainstream it was)

And sometimes, I'm bemused at the way she introduces me to her friends - "This is Ray - this is one of the most BAIK (with emphasis) guys I know". Aisey, that really kills my chicks market, man.

"Baik", just does not cut it, nowadays - everyone wants someone with at least, a tinge of bad-ass-ness. Loads of it and if you look like a tragedy about to happen, is even better.


But back to Yummy Girl. Like me, she's divorced - her marriage ended because her first husband is a bum that absolutely did not deserve her, though he was very good-looking.

But what I love about her, is that she's grounded and there are no airs about her - none of these pretentious KL hip-and-happenin' wannabe bullshit, that you get so much, of nowadays. It's refreshing to see someone like that - she lives her life in these pretentious circles, but she's never let that influence her.

She's warm, genuine, intelligent, attractive, hardworking, ambitious and driven, relatively successful for someone her age, is devoted to her family, sociable, down-to-earth, has a great sense of humour and in her spare time, is purely laidback and fun. Just the sort of girl you can imagine spending a lazy Sunday at home with, but still having lots of fun, because of the person that she is.

She's a liberal (slightly more than me) but she's rooted in core traditional values and she doesn't aim to live her current lifestyle, forever. She's acknowledged to me that she would make a U-turn, someday and she wants a partner that could help her go down that path. But maybe right now, she wants someone that's more like her, in her current stage.

I know that we have a lot of common ground in some areas - but I guess, it's the areas where we don't have much in common, that will keep her from even giving me a second look. It's a pity - honestly, major differences aside - I've always looked at her as EXACTLY the sort of girl, I'd go for. She would make someone out there, a very lucky husband, one day.

Oh, well,...I guess some things in one's life is only meant to be admired from up close. But in another life and in another circumstance,...hell, who knows?!,...

Perhaps, some things are meant to be out of reach for me, in this lifetime.

Maybe in the next lifetime, I should be born an heir, to a mafia boss. That should kill off the "baik" image. Ha!

12 Comments:

Blogger Stingrayz said...

Noni a.k.a. Donna:

You have a point there. But you really think a tattoo on the butt would worl? ;)

5:59 PM  
Blogger raksaksabiskut said...

Hi Ray,
Hmm… I seem to hv this affliction too, people like to think that I am ‘baik’ just because I don’t drink/smoke/go clubbing. Once I was even ‘accused’ of being ‘alim’… adoi…much to the disgust of my then flat mate, he he he..

10:23 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

raksaksabiskut:

Yeah, imagine that. It must be quite easy to be 'alim' by today's standards, if we qualify. ;)

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo you haven't written about your wild wednesday night!

3:39 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Dinzie:

Ah yes, the wild Wednesday night,...it was probably such a wild night, that even I, don't remember why it was a wild night,...:)

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have dated my share of guys with tattooes on their butts but I eventually married a Pak Alim... product skolagama lagik... and I have single friends who aspire to get hitched with Pak Alims as well... so I wouldn't exactly call it an aflictionlah... shall I play mak ayam and introduce u guys to my friends?

10:03 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Noni a.k.a. Mami Jarum:

I don't qualify as Pak Alim-lah (have not been qualified since I was 15) tapi Pak Moderate boleh-lah. ;)

And please call yourself Mak Long or something,...mak ayam means a different thing and is for different sort of girls,...;)

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oiiii... u don't think i am good enuff to open a poultry farm is it? Try me... I have many a satisfied customer mind u... don't worry i take very small komesen oneee...

5:48 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Noni a.k.a. Henna:

As long as you deliver on the results, Madame Noni, and the ayam is finger lickin' good and not hard to rear...commission by way of banana leaf rice treats, is always open to both you and hubby. ;)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Joe Frigg said...

Datin P's T-shirt says it all..
"I Like Bad Boys"

Mine says..
"I Feel A Sin Coming On"

As repeatedly said.. The Ladder Theory works.. Google it.. see how lucky i am?

The "Baik" syndrome is explained elaborately there.. possibly why you are failing Love 101 too..

Tu laa.. bagi homework tak baca.. nak jugak kutuk politik and polis.. kena tangkap ISA haa.. baru tahu, takde Internet tau..
Nak jadi jahat tapi takde sapa tahu.. buat hapa?! Banyak masa belajar Love 101 sepuluh kali ada laa.. hehehe..

Hint.. being bad has its advantages.. image can be shed, changed & enhanced! Metamorphosis.
Become a butterfly! hahaha..

Datin P repeatedly says relishingly in her sultry voice..
"Oooh!! You bad bad boy!!!" during ..... (censored)

*very evil grin*

5:10 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

JD:

Have become too old and rigid to metamorphosise. I just want to be myself for now, as I'm comfortable with it.

Not that I don't believe that the Ladder Theory works - I do. There's much proof to it.

But I think I'm just not suited to that sort of thing. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think u shud just be urself despite of wat others think and i also think that u hv one very interesting character!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home