Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Monday, May 08, 2006

Their New Home

Visited the home of the Josh family in Subang Jaya, early evening yesterday. Absolutely loved what Josh and Mrs. Prim did, with their newly purchased home. :)

It was spacious and has a lot of potential, for decorating. Mostly, I loved what they did with the floors, the split-level "reception area", the lawn grills and the front windows. I discovered that my close friends had very good taste in home renovating and furnishing. Subsconsiously, I attributed this more to Mrs. Prim than Josh. (Sorry, Josh! Hehe!)


There was something about the whole experience that was quite surreal. It felt like we were playing house - except that this was a real house.

Or that we were acting like my parents once did, when they caught up with their friends. Dear God, we must be aging!

It made me realize that I don't really catch up with almost all of my married friends, very often. I had no idea why, but most of my (small circle of) friends, that I keep the company of, are single.

Made a mental note to ask myself why - considering that I have more married friends, at this stage of my life.

Pisang goreng, cakes and tea around a very new dining table, in a lovely new home. Good friends catching up on events. Jokes, laughter and insults going all round. It's different not doing this in a condo, a restaurant or some roadside stall, somewhere. But hell, it was nice.

I remember thinking - maybe I don't want to live in a condo, forever. And that I should start planning for a bigger and landed property.

But then a thought crossed my mind - what would I do, living alone in a house this big? I'd be bored out of my mind.

But yes, it would be nice if I had a family, and living in a home like this.

And then THAT issue pops up in my head, again. Forget that - there is no control over such things.

I should be content with how much I enjoy being in my condo. I couldn't ask for a better place to be alone. With books, semi-lighting and light jazz in the background. For now, I already have my own little piece of heaven - even if I'm enjoying it alone.

**************************************************

And it was great holding baby Shakira, their newborn pride and joy - she's so quiet and well-behaved, in Uncle Stingray's arms. She had very strong legs and she loved the sound of voices. Even when it came from the Vietnamese woman who held her (and pressed her little nose) later. (Hehe! Sorry Xena, couldn't resist!)

ZR says I've got the "fatherhood itch". (Yeah, bro' - tell me something I don't know)
Mrs. Prim warned me that little Shakira would be off limits in 20 years time, if I had any other "itch". Heh! Heh!

Congratulations again, Josh and Mrs Prim, on your new home and your new baby. I think you guys have done splendidly, in all areas and I'm so happy for the both of you. And I hope to be as lucky, as both of you are, one day.

God willing.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ray! You're treading on dangerous grounds here! No mention of vietnam/vietnamese anything is allowed on such a public forum! Remember ... due to my proverbial elephant memory, I can do a lot of damage ... mua ha ha ha! But you're right, syakira is such a placid baby, definitely does not take after her mummy. :-)

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, do remember that you're seeing the best bits of parenthood. There are bits which are not so pleasant: like when they get a high fever in the middle of the night on a weekend.

And it can be quite scary - someone is now wholly dependent on you getting it right and being on top of your game all the time, when in reality, you're just winging it.

I get you though when you say it's heavenly to be alone, with books and semi-lighting, but enjoying an ice cream at Baskin Robbins KLCC with your 4 year-old, talking of nothing in particular and watching the world go by is something else too.

- Anon 2

4:53 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Xena:

Aiyo, don't la say like that. Mummy Mrs. Prim might get offended. ;)


Anonymous:

I understand.

But I think I've got a lot of capacity to give and love and I'm willing to be there, even for the bits which are not so pleasant and even the scary parts.

And I guess that even in some strange way - I know that even if I'm winging it, the child will have nothing less than the best from me.

I hope that I'll be given a chance to prove that, someday.

That scenario that you described with your 4-year old at Baskin Robbins, sounds divine. :) You're very lucky.

And for that, I envy you. I truly do.

In the sum of things that truly matter, you're far wealthier than I am.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... Stingray, you'll find your jodoh one day. Insyallah. But in the meantime, enjoy the singlehood-again period.

I like to take my nephew and niece out by myself, once in a while. So I know what Anon 2 means. Maybe you should try that too.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

_Capri_:

My nephews and nieces are all grown up and almost all, in university now.

Unfortunately, whenever I take my nieces out, I look like a sleazy old man cradle snatcher.

(But I suppose I already look like that anyway - because the last girl I took out for dinner, isn't that much older from them. ;D)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Noni:

They don't bite when well fed? They take after you, don't they? ;)

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyoh! Like that is it?

Errr... how old are you actually?

1:15 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

_capri_:

I'm in my early 30's but I'm much younger than my elder siblings. :)

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo... OK..

OK.. If like that you can pinjam Noni's children. Dia dah offer tu.. *lol*

10:35 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

_capri_:

Yes, I can see that Noni's offering her kids to me. Maybe I should exchange it for her "poultry in motion" services, huh? ;)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Noni:

Yes, welcome to Stingray's zoo - where the animals are vocal and colourful! ;)

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home