Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Friday, June 30, 2006

Why The World Needs Superman

The first movie I've ever watched in my life is "Superman".

I can't remember exactly how old I was, but my uncle brought me to a cinema in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. I was thrilled to pieces!

It was significant - because no matter how many times I've watched "Superman" - the thrill remains the same. Maybe it's the music. Maybe it's just the ability to fly and to see through everything, except led. Or to save people from disasters, catastrophies, and baddies.

Or maybe it's the scene where Superman took Lois Lane flying - I believe that's the earliest romantic scene that I could remember. And it involved a flying man.

Is it any wonder that my expectations of myself and the world, are sometimes, not grounded?

Watching "Superman Returns" last night brought back many, many memories.

Quietly, I missed the simplicity of being a child in a cinema, watching his first movie - where the world was simpler and more 2-dimensional, where people were nicer to one another and if all else failed - there was Superman to save the day.

In a world where we don't even have enough Clark Kents, would it be hoping too much to ask for a Superman, in some of us?

God knows the world needs it, today.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mme RoSsé said...

Superman's wardrobe seriously malfunctioned.
I have a problem concentrating on his charms when...
yeah, i blamed it on the undies!
daymn u red!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Dame Rosse:

Oiii, which version of Superman were you watching? The I-Gallop semi-pronographic version, is it? ;)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

He's sooooo cute... with/without costume ;) They cast d right guy awrite. Am still swoonin'... wheeee!
Yes, there is a Sooperman in each of us... we juz need to wear it out, like d red undies. :D

10:35 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Rain:

Yes, I agree with you! :) And we should have Supergirls too - with all costumes made by Victoria's Secret! :D

6:31 PM  
Blogger Mme RoSsé said...

Ray...

yes yes lingerie by VS, with lots of diamante on the sheer fabric...

orga....

*phew*

9:20 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Dame Rosse:

I think you would have made a kinky comic book writer, dear! ;D

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home