Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Coelho's reminder on the Present

Something beautiful from Paulo Coelho in The Alchemist:

"The secret lies in the present
- if you pay attention to the present,
you will be able to improve it.
And if you improve the present,
whatever happens afterwards will be better too.
Each day brings us Eternity. "

One day at a time now, folks - focus on the present and make it better. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Stingrayz said...

Hey there, Minamona.:) It's nice to meet another Coelho enthusiast.

I think you should start from page 1 of the Alchemist all over again. The Alchemist is one book where you have to go through it without stopping, otherwise you'll lose the feel and the 'lessons'.

I haven't finished Piedra yet, but I've gone through "Eleven Minutes" and "Veronika Decides to Die". But to me, the Alchemist was still the best and the one I've learnt the most from.

You live in the present? Good for you! I'm just starting - it's quite a change, as I am by nature a planner. But for once, I'm letting "the universe conspire". ;)

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home