Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Josh's New Girl

Josh, my best friend has got a new girlfriend recently. And he's a remarkably changed man now. For the better I must say.

I've known Josh for 21 years now, ever since our primary school days. It's hard to find a friend that one has known for that long, but growing up in Regent's Ville, helps in making lifelong friends.

Josh has not changed that much since I first knew him. He's a complete gentleman, sincere, funny, forgiving and extremely loyal to his loved ones. He's seen me through pretty much most of the darkest days, in the last few years. He used to be much more of a liberal, with a taste for the occasional Bacardi and Jack Daniels, but dating Ms. Prim has changed him completely.

Nowadays, Josh keeps to his daily prayers and even makes it a point, to catch tarawih every night of the fasting month. Ms. Prim has been a good influence on him.

But Josh deserves to be happy. Divorced from a marriage where his wife cheated on him twice, he's been lucky to restart his life on a clean slate, with a girl that's truly mother's pride material. And no one deserves to be happy, like Josh does.

Sometimes, Fate gives you the opprotunity to make that crucial u-turn for a better life and for you to become a better person. And you should grasp it with both hands and not let go. And I see Josh doing just that - turning a disaster into a blessing.

All the best, Josh. I hope you'll be happy forever, with Ms. Prim. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ayu Jamli said...

I too am very happy for Josh. Now if only it'll rub off on the rest of us. See, nice guys don't finish last all the time. On another note, I wonder if Ms Prim appreciates being referred to as Ms. Prim. Ha! Ha! What with the kongsi gelap joke, I do not think that she is all that prim. :-)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Yes, Xena dear, I hope it does rub off on us. I'd hate to think that some of us were chosen, to take the emotionally challenging path all the time. Maybe not all good guys win - maybe some do. I don't know.

But, yes, I am happy for Josh. And Ms. Prim deserves the name despite the fact that her tongue is doubling up as laser treatment for the ears, lately. Hahaha.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home