Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Neruda at Night

Ms. Heartbreaker has left for a holiday in Pangkor Laut for 5 days.

Upon her return, she will tell me if her future is with me or with bloody Lucky Bloke. These will be the longest 5 days of my life. :(

Meanwhile, I was flipping through some of Neruda's love sonnets and an old favourite hopped out at me:

"When I die, I want your hands on my eyes;
I want the light and wheat of your beloved hands
to pass their freshness over me once more:
I want to feel the softness that changed my destiny

I want you to live while I wait for you, asleep.
I want your ears to still hear the wind, I want you
to sniff the wind's aroma that we loved together,
to continue to walk on the sand we walk on.

I want what I love to continue to live,
and you whom I love and sang above everything else
to continue to flourish, full flowered:

so that you can reach everything my love directs you to,
so that my shadow can travel along in your hair,
so that everything can learn the reason for my song."

Ms. Heartbreaker, if you're reading this from Pangkor Laut - please know that I love you - and I feel half-alive without your presence, beside me. Come home to me, sayang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home