Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Monday, March 07, 2005

Acts of Cruelty

There's one thing that I've discovered repeatedly, in the past one year. I'm a poor judge of character. Extremely.

I did as you requested, Sweety. Against my better judgment and everything I believe in, I stonewalled with one-worders and gave him the impression that what you told him, was the truth. I made myself out to look like the desperate suitor in a one-sided pursuit who persisted, but never broke through the defences your chaste, loyal self.

I lied, humiliated myself and made you look like the innocent party. So that you could live happily ever after, with him.

Even though it wasn't the truth. Even though what we had, was far more than that. Even though you were an equally guilty party. Even though you told me that you loved me constantly (the last time was just this afternoon on the phone) and I, in my foolishness, believed you.

It was okay, if you didn't want to end up with me. I was prepared to accept that.

What I was not prepared for, is that when caught with your hands in the cookie jar via my SMSes to you, you lied, entirely disavowed the truth and made me look like the only guilty party. And you pleaded to me, to reaffirm your story - even though it would make me look like a fool. Our love was not even worth the truth of owning up, to you.

You're a lucky girl - he's a gentleman. He was polite, cordial and gently reprimanded me for my "highly inappropriate SMSes" to his girlfriend, who he believed never wanted me.

Maybe I should send him some of your SMSes to me. Ha! Maybe I should send him our photos together, just to show him how wrong he is.

But never mind - it's not about him - it's about you. Your reaction tonight, showed me the sort of person that you really are, beneath that soft, sophisticated, loving exterior. But you got your wish - I played the court jester for you. And your secret's safe with me, Sweety. :(

Tonight, I learnt that there can be no love, without respect. No love, without honour. No love, without truth. No love, if they're willing to watch you get humiliated. No matter who says it to you and how many ways they show it to you. Yes, you got your man tonight, Sweety but you've lost my love, respect and friendship. Totally.

But not that you'd be able to measure, what that's worth.

I pity him, for what he's going to end up marrying. He deserves much better. But I pity you even more, for being what you are right now,....

The truth shall remain buried, with this willing fool. But remember, karma always catches up with you. Maybe not from me, but it will catch up on you. Believe in it. And one day, I hope you will feel the pain that you've inflicted upon me, right now.

You couldn't have possibly loved me - you don't even respect me. I see that now - clearly.

Tonight, I felt first-hand, how far your cruelty could go. But no amount of love, will ever make me forgive you, for this. This is the one thing, that I will never forgive you for. Never, Sweety. Some cuts go far too deep, to heal.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What goes around, comes around. What goes up, must comes down. Yup, I'm a firm believer of Karma, coz unconciously it helps to ease the pain other people inflict on you.

5:10 AM  
Blogger LastJan said...

Look on the bright side - now that you have seen her true colours, she's no big loss.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps that is why Fate didn't see it fit to bring her and you together. You are considerably lucky to have found out now when getting away is relatively easier and inexpensive. Think of how terrible it would have been to discover her cruelty and flaws of character if you were married and had children together.

Things always work out for the best. *smile* Chin up!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Thanks, guys for the emotional support. It's all over now and I believe that all that has happened, has happened for the best.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home