Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Never Again

Are there limits to the cruelty and heartlessness, of human beings?

Up until today, I thought there were. But it's not true. I'm naive - very naive. My aversion to being cynical has made me blind - several times over.

It's good to have faith in human nature. To assume the best of all people. To believe that they mean, what they say. To accept their sincerity when they earnestly show it, to you. That they have it in them, to repent and come back to the straight, truthful life. That moments of emotions and expressions of love are true and not fleeting, from second to second.

But spare a thought at the back of your mind - that it could all be lies. And that we are most blind, to the faults of those whom we have held closest, to us. And that there could be a chance that the potential of extreme cruelty, is not so slight.

Because it is not. Cruelty is endemic for those who think that the truth is an optional appendage in life - only to be used, when it suits one's purpose. They have an appearance for every purpose - chameleon-like, they switch from one reaction to the next, confident in their ability to constantly fool the world.

Accept, that some people do not deserve the benefit of the doubt. Believe, that they will one day, trip and fall. And perhaps, get their just desserts.

And walk away, for those whose hearts are black and without conscience, do not deserve your forgiveness or humanity. If to forgive is divine - then perhaps, the only forgiveness that they should get, should they ever seek it, is beyond the limits of human compassion.

You are cruel, N. You are amazingly heartless and cruel. And I was stupid, to believe in you.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.


We cannot go through life thinking everyone is evil, but for our own preservation, neither can we go through life thinking everyone is good and kind. Like everything in this world, people aren't all good or all bad.


For me personally, I love meeting new people. I try and find the good in people and I always try to give everyone a chance. I guess the best way to describe my attitude towards people is like an old medieval castle. Only those who have proven to me that they can be trusted are allowed into the inner sanctum, and who I would lay my life down for. Those are rare and far in between, because these people are special and dont come along very often. We might only find one or two in our lifetime. I have been extremely blessed to have found as many as I have.

As for others, depending on how they have treated me or how much I feel they have earned my trust and respect, are allowed various degrees of closeness with me. Like a castle surrounded by many forts and moats, their progression to the center is dependant on their own attitudes. And those who have abused me and those I love are always banised to the outer reaches of that 'castle'

Sorry for the long post. I just feel sad that your faith in humanity is challenged. Perhaps there are those who can truly be happy being isolated, but I am a disbeliever. I do not think one can truly be happy all alone.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cruelty and compassion goes hand in hand, I think.

or I may just be spewing out rubbish!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, and again. Realizing your stupidity is not enough, Ray. Get over it.

And this is for you,N.I know you are reading, else you would not be mentioned:

Leave and don't come back.You are not worth the pain he goes through.And you do not deserve him. May God choose to save you from yourself.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, i could have sworn i wrote a little comment yesterday..perhaps too close to home hmm...?? chill la voice....
stingray - every action has a reaction...maybe you should ask what prompted N's reaction...

11:45 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Dear guys (including Anonymous)

Thanks for your comments. I don't want this discussed anymore or any fellow commenters to attack other commenters, on my blog.

Let's consider this issue closed. Please.

Thanks.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no worries stingray....you take care..i mean it...really...and yes, you deserve to be happy but only you can give that to yourself..

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This post has been removed by the blog administrator."

I am obviously not the owner or administrator of this blog, hence I have no idea what I should be chilling about. But perhaps I have been surpassed in being brutally honest, aye? At least I'm capable of identifying myself as the commenter instead of hiding behind anonymousity.

No hard feelings, Anonymous, whatever it was that you put up, because what you don't know won't hurt you.

Anyway. Perhaps it's time to blog on the APs or reality TV program or something, Ray. It's always more fun to throw praises and/or brickbats at those people. Heh. Cheers!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo for you voice!!...how brave you are indeed..you must be so proud.
No hard feelings at all...

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home