Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Taming of the Shrew

It was the longest coffee date I've ever had to wait for - about close to 1.5 years. But the cliche about persistence paying off, seems to be true.

But yes, I finally had "coffee" with Ms. Kangkung (as she prefers to be called, I think - as long as you don't think she's pretty, it's fine) which did not consist of any coffee being consumed. But the timing was right.

It was dinner to me and snacks to her. But yes, I had a hunch that we would get along. After all, we are similar in many ways - especially with regards to family.

Ms. Kangkung, I'm glad that we went to coffee/ "non-coffee" dinner. Even though I had to wait close to 1.5 years for it. Dinner conversation was great and you were exquisite company. I think at the very least, I've gained a really great dinner companion. Let's do this again sometime soon.

And I promise I won't treat you like a bimbo, like many guys do. You're useless as a bimbo, anyway - you're too articulate to be one. ;)

Now,...apa nak makan untuk sahur, ah? Hmmm,.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pesudonym0us and Thinktankgal:

Not exactly. It's not a blind blog date, thank God (having gone through that, I can tell you it's nerve wracking)

I know the girl. It's just that for some reason, she's taken 1.5 years to say YES to just coffee.

But, better late than never, right? ;)

But thanks for the (untrue) assumption, guys - it's made me feel like the James Dean of blind blog dates. ;) Hahahaha!

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, would love to have a coffee date with u too!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home