Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, March 30, 2006

American Idol: The Final 9 and A Shocker

The results are out for the final 9. As I predicted, Lisa Tucker is out. Although tonight, her rendition of "Because of You" was far better - perhaps, it's because her jitters are gone.

So, I was right on Lisa Tucker. And I was right on 2 of the bottom 3, too - the other correct prediction being Ace Young.

But there was a shocker in store, which I was not prepared for. Bucky was not in bottom 3. But my favourite candidate and one of the most talented people this season, Katherine McPhee, was in the bottom 3!

Gasp! Gasp! Gasp! I was reeling in shock!

I should learn to expect this by now - SMS voting sometimes produces the strangest of results, which allows the popular, (and sometimes, the weakest candidadates out of votes of pity) to defeat the talented. It happens often enough with our own Akademi Fantasia - Mawi being a prime product of such a phenomenon.

But Katherine McPhee in the bottom 3??? It's unthinkable!!

But I think it served as a wake-up call to the rest, too. If Katherine could be in the bottom 3, after last night's performance - anyone can. I think it would have the rest of the survivors, pretty shaken. The good part is, it'll make all of them, try harder in the coming weeks.

The logical and predictable parts of the competition are over. I don't think we can guess who would be in the bottom 3 next week, or who would get excluded next, even.

The stage is set for future heartbreaks and mistaken selections, in American Idol.

I can't wait for next week's show. :)


p.s. Pixie - you got your wish. Bucky survived. But I hope Americans will go on merit, next week. ;) The country boy has got to go!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The staging is killing the show.

When Shakira is made to look awkward performing a hit song, something is terribly wrong. They even put a remote box on her butt. How ridiculous!

The themes and shows have been going downhill since the got to the final 12 because of the confusing and distracting stage, loud music and all.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Anonymous:

Damn good point.

I was wondering whether it was just my imagination or whether it was just Shakira having problems, singing live.

I felt that the staging was not as bad in the first 3 shows after the top 12, but last week's show made everyone sound bad, for some reason (and it may not just be due to poor song selection)

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buckeroo will sail through the "country" week.. :)

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..i havent found the x factor in katherine Mcphee..admit that she's good at those high note, but i think she's too technical while singing..Hhm.. so far i still stick to Paris Bennett, much natural..perfect talent to me.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bucky was bored on his first two round..but last week i just realised that he's quite entertaining performer..hehehh!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Cosmic_GurL said...

For more Idol talk can go to http://javardkent.blog-city.com. I have a strong feeling Ace is going home this week. Sigh..my darling Ace..

10:17 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pixie:

I hate "country" week. Hehe! Down with Bucky! ;)


Chinatsu:

Totally agree that Paris Bennett is more of a natural, than McPheever.

But ever since music video came along, the world has become a much more shallow place. And that's part of being an American Idol, too (or just a music idol)

Paris may be stronger in natural talent, but McPheever wins on the whole package - voice quality, star presence and definitely, looks.

And as for Bucky - I repeat - down with Bucky! Booo! ;)


Cosmic Gurl:

I'm not so sure about Ace going home this week.

I think he will be in the bottom 3, but after Katherine's bottom 3 placement last week - ANYONE could be kicked out this week, if their voters don't keep them in.

My bet's on Taylor. ;)

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home