Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's A Small World, After All

Do you ever get the feeling that the world is getting smaller?

One call from Olga (not her real name) today, sure made me feel, like it is. She's one of my favourite juniors in university and we still keep in touch quite often. To discuss the life, the universe and everything. I'm like an elder brother figure, to her.

I think she called me to tell me about the current guy, she's dating.

According to her, halfway through a conversation with him, she realized that he was describing the same woman, that I had once talked to her about - a woman I greatly cared about. And they used to be married to each other.

The six degrees of separation is definitely getting narrower. KL is such a small world, that we risk being incestuous in our relationships, in varying degrees.

There will come a time, when you will cease being a stranger to anyone in KL - because there is always a link to someone you know.

She told me that he's a great catch. From what I knew of him, he is one. And I told her that the other woman's loss, is her gain. I wished her all the best in the progress of the relationship.

I remember thinking that it would be quite ironic, if we were one day introduced by Olga - considering that we were once both in love with the same woman, at different stages of her life. How ironic indeed,...

As I hung up the phone, the tune I once heard in Disneyland, while taking a ride in a cup-shaped boat when I was 9, started playing in my head,..."it's a small world, after all,..."

I need to get out of KL and make some new friends in other parts of Malaysia or the world. Really. Before we all become one, big incestuous family.

Eeeks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharizal said...

bro the world is an incentuous field as it is... malaysia is a wee bed.

3:50 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Sharizal:

Scientifically, that's true - since we're all from one man and woman.

But the world has come a long way since then. It'd be pathetic if we were all still playing in the same small pool, don't you think? :)

Or I could be more reclusive and know less people, therefore doing my part in slowing down the narrowing of the six degrees of separation. ;)

I think ZR would support me on this one. ;D

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you,

Hmm.. I didn't give you the results earlier sebab I tak nak you teruja.

Yes, I was disappointed that Chris got kicked out. But - assuming that no matter what happens, we need a girl to be in the final two - Chris was the weakest. Taylor has got a huge fan base (he was NEVER in the bottom 2 or 3) while Elliot has got a voice that's far more superior than Chris.

Anyway, yes, you're right. It's a small world.. and it's scary. You'd never know when you're gonna bump into a friend or a relative of an ex, a friend or a relative of the person you're dating now, etc..

Speaking of dates, how's the new girl in your life? Any progress on Ms Chinatown? :)

Have a good weekend, dearest.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pixie:

Are you being thoughtful towards me? Gosh, I'm gonna have to get used to this! ;)

You have very valid reasons to be disappointed about Chris (far more valid than your infatuation with Bucky-lah ;))

Agree with you on Taylor. Disagree that Elliot has a superior voice, though. Elliot could never do rock songs, but Chris has shown that he can even do the slow pieces and ballads, too.

As for Ms. Chinatown - it's a work in progress. But it's coming along nicely, I would say. :)

You have a good weekend too, Pixie. :)

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home