Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Of Fate, Silver Linings and Hope

These last few days, have been an emotional roller-coaster for me. But the ride has ended. It's tinged with a little sadness, but otherwise, I'm philosophically calm.

I'm glad you finally owned up to the truth, Sweety. It took guts and honour, and I know that you risked everything you had. I'm happy for you that he's forgiven you and that both of you have come out of it, stronger - perhaps, that is the silver lining, out of this awful love triangle.

What you did to me was wrong, but it took courage to come back and own up, when you could have gotten off, scot-free. And for that, you have regained my respect. We are 0-0 again. You owe me nothing and I have no regrets.

I accept your decision and it's about time we both moved on from this point of repeated stasis. A love for the sake of love, that heads nowhere, is bad for the heart and the soul. And it's time we were fair, to all parties involved.

But in the last few days after the fiasco, I'm proud that eventually, we showed greater respect and concern for each other's feelings.

All 3 of us did - some in bigger measure than others - but then again, this is not a contest. The important thing is, we've squared off with each other (even though he and I are virtually strangers to one another) - the truth is out, the tears have been cried, the issues addressed, the conclusions derived, the apologies made and the resolve to start again, blooms.

It may not have gone in my favour, but I'm happy for both of you and I'm sure both of you, will try a lot harder to make it work, after this. And I hope the renewed strength of your commitment for one another, will bring you greater happiness in the future. Perhaps, this is the hikmah behind the entire fiasco.

As for me - I guess in future, I need to find someone that loves me and will choose to commit to me, in the same way that you've committed to him. Perhaps, there are bonds stronger than just the strength of love. I envy him and the strength of your commitment to him.

My chest still feels heavy, but I can feel it getting lighter. It's a brand new day - I must move on. Life is waiting to be lived.

May God light my path and lead me, to someone that was meant for me - because I would hate to grow old and die alone, in this deafeningly silent home. I'm craving for the affections of a loving partner, the cries and laughter of children and the simple joy and warmth of family.

I have much to give and share, God, and all I want is the opportunity to do so, before I leave this world. That's all I ask.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno who you are but i love your thoughts. 'good' love will come your way. insyaallah.

3:44 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Thanks Arnie. Welcome to my blog.

Keep on reading and do share me your thoughts too. :) This blog and the people who care to share on this blog, really do keep me sane. Haha!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stingray,
you will get the opportunity. one fine day. I fully trust that Allah would not let us down in our quest for happiness and love, because in the end everything is for Him and towards Him. all the best, dear.

And I pray that the day will come where the luckiest lady will find you, see you for who you are and what you have to offer, and have you for keeps. You, on the other hand, must be open to all possibilities. Sometimes we travel around the world trying to find The Person, when in actual fact the person has been in front of our eyes all along..

6:16 PM  
Blogger Najah said...

Agree with VFW - sometimes the One is right there in front of us, if we allow ourselves to see it.

Half the battle of knowing the One is of course, knowing oneself.

All the Best!

7:48 PM  
Blogger LastJan said...

Hang in there. The One will come...

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been here a few times, at this post, but the words didn't come. Perhaps emotionally, it struck me dumb.

But I agree with VFW and Najah ... for all you know The One (whatever that concept is worth) is right in front of you. But hang on, Life will work out sooner or later :)

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home