Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Tomorrow is D-Day

When tomorrow comes, Life will change irreversibly in one direction, or another. YOUR decision will decide that.

Reminds me of that line from Coelho's "The Devil and Ms. Prym" which goes:-

"The challenge will not wait
Life does not look back.
A week is more than enough time for us to decide
whether or not to accept our destiny"


And another from "The Alchemist":

"Only one thing makes a dream impossible;
the fear of failure"


And another from "The Fifth Mountain":

"When we put off the harvest,
the fruit rots,
but when we put off our problems,
they keep on growing"


And another one:

"The glory of the world is transitory,
and we should not measure our lives by it
but by the choice we make
to follow our personal legend,
to believe in our utopias
and to fight for our dreams.

We are all protagonists of our own lives,
and it is often the anonymous heroes
who leave the deepest mark".


And another from "The Pilgrimage":

"In the Good Fight,
attacking or fleeing are part of the struggle;
being paralyzed by fear is not.
The Good Fight is the one we undertake
because our heart wants us to"

And one last one from "Brida":

"There are moments in life
when the only possible option
is to lose control"


God, you know I have given my all. I leave the future path to your Mercy. Give me happiness tomorrow, or give me the strength to survive this.


This song by The Corrs, has been haunting me all night.

Don't Say You Love Me

I've seen this place a thousand times
i've felt this all before
and every time you call
i've waited there as though you might not
call at all

i know this face i'm wearing now
i've seen this in my eyes
and though it feels so great, i'm still afraid
that you'll be leaving anytime

we've done this once and then you closed the door
don't let me fall again for nothing more

don't say you love me unless forever
don't tell me you need me if you're not gonna stay
don't give me this feeling, i'll only believe it
make it real or take it all away

i've caught myself smiling alone
just thinking of your voice
and dreaming of your touch is all too much
you know i don't have any choice

don't say you love me unless forever
don't tell me you need me if you're not gonna stay
don't give me this feeling, i'll only believe it
make it real or take it all away

we've done this once and then you closed the door
don't let me fall again for nothing more

don't say you love me unless forever
don't tell me you need me if you're not gonna stay
don't give me this feeling, i'll only believe it
make it real or take it all away...

say you love me
don't tell me you need me if you're not gonna stay
don't give me this feeling, i'll only believe it
make it real or take it all away

take it all away
or take it all away



Have a good day, people. As for me, a new experience awaits today - the Parliament House beckons. If I believe Coelho, then the universe must be conspiring to help me achieve my dreams. Haha!

Perhaps, it will go in my favour one day. But only, if I'm not too afraid to hope.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there might be something fundamentally wrong with my psyche- I couldn't get past 3 pages of the Alchemist (the goatherd-boy was off to some village or other).

Also, Mz Min used to play 'Don't Say You Love Me' overandoverandover when we were housemates. That certainly brings back memories. (Lord, I feel old)

All the best with your D-Day. Hope whatever decision is made brings you closer to wherever you want to go.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I carry this verse within as a lodestone:


"No soul shall have a burden laid on it greater than it can bear"

(V. 233, Al-Baqarah, Yusuf Ali Transliteration of the Qur'an)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Thanks, Nads.

The Alchemist is an acquired taste - people either love it or hate it. :) So, don't worry about not going beyond 3 pages.

But "Don't Say You Love Me" is a good song. But then again, I'm partial to anything that Andrea Corr sings!

As for that Al-Baqarah phrase, yes, my pet brother, ZR, used to repeat that quite a bit to me.

But I sometimes think, that God has over-estimated my emotional stamina. Really. I may be wrong, but it just doesn't feel like it right now.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Sharizal said...

good luck bro, my thoughts are with you....

1:09 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Thanks, Rizal. And thanks for being there for me. :)

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(You can tell that work is going slow when I respond to your response to my comments)

Perhaps you don't think you have enough emotional stamina due to lack of perspective? Burdens are always lighter when seen from a distance (whether temporal or psychological). For me, anyway. I mean, who better to gauge your stamina (be it emotional, mental or physical) than the Provider of said stamina?

3:17 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Perhaps, Nad. Of course, the Creator knows best. I'm just saying that I'm feeling a bit spent, emotionally, that's all. And He knows this.

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best! I carry the same sentiment as Nads (great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ) but in combination with another - He doesn't give you challenges that you cannot handle, and whatever that doesn't break you only makes you stronger. With that in hand and in faith, we cannot lose.

Nads - We are old honey!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Thanks, Min. :) Am wishing for the best too, any way the wind blows. Am praying that the blows in life, will not be too hard

You know, for pretty young people, you and Nads are really OLD souls! Haha!

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home