Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Monday, March 21, 2005

The Man in the Mirror

As the song goes - I'm starting with the man in the mirror. And today, I took a strong stand. It was a difficult stand, but it was a stand which felt right, for the first time. I'm finally giving myself, some due respect. I know what I deserve.

And it felt good to acknowledge that.

The time spent reading, thinking, reflecting and being with close friends have strengthened me, to a certain extent. The road to recovery is just beginning and still far, but it's a start. Thank you, God.

Not ready to get back full blast on the blogging track, yet - but here's something for all my faithful friends and readers, who have been with me through this ordeal. Predictably, it's from Kahlil Gibran:-

"The tears you shed are purer than the laughter of him that seeks to forget and sweeter than the mockery of the scoffer. These tears cleanse the heart of the blight of hatred, and teach man to share the pain of the brokenhearted. They are the tears of the Nazarene."

And another:

"God has given you a spirit with wings on which to soar into the spacious firmament of Love and Freedom. Is it not pitiful then that you cut your wings with your own hands and suffer your soul to crawl like an insect upon the earth?"


And one last one - like a silent prayer:

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children".

Talk to you guys, soon. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read this. Keep walking that road, Stingray, and keep close to God.

We don't know each other, yet we know each other. My thoughts and prayers are with you, always. Take care.

3:04 AM  
Blogger LastJan said...

The path is straight and narrow but I know you'll be ok.

Take care.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Thanks guys.:) Prayers do have a calming effect and seems to be propping me up, in this rather fragile phase.

I don't think I've ever known the true of meaning of Submission, until recently.

The feeling of helplessness and that one is powerless to influnce the outcome of events, is not something I'm used to.

There is nothing more frustrating to a fighter, than not to be given the opportunity to at least, go down fighting. Today, the figher in me can only pray and hope,...and maybe, accept.

God in heaven, have mercy. Give me the strength to survive this.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home