Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Dinner with the Charmed Ones

2 nights ago, I went to dinner with 3 lovely girls - 2 of whom are my blog readers.

I didn't go with any expectations. Just wanted to meet new people and Zu (the new bride and dinner arranger extraordinaire) came by with an interesting offer. Then, I got to meet Fi and Nik.

I was a stranger to all of 3 of them, (it was the first time I met any of them - it as like a blind group date - haha!) though I felt that 2 of them were more at ease with me, because they knew me better, through my blog. And Nik - well, she's Kelantanese - so there was certainly natural "native" chemistry there.

But all 3 of them, were amazing in their own ways. Thoroughly genuine people, none of that pretentious KL "I'm too cool" behaviour, that I see so much of nowadays - with them, what you see is what you get.

Perfectly comfortable under their own skin - enough strength to tell their stories and to laugh at their own weaknesses. We got along famously, as if I've known them for much longer.

And I had a great time. :)

It's rare that meeting new people, is satisfying and not awkward. But this was one of those times.

Let's catch up again sometime soon girls - perhaps, over karaoke? ;) Nik, it's time to croak, Fi - let's see the "Mak Datin" style at singing and Zu, leave the nasty boss at the office and drag the lucky hubby along.

And thank you, girls, for giving this stranger the benefit of the doubt. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how you called them the Charmed Ones - that's what my girlfriends and I were called back in college by our housemistress. Although, that probably had more to do with the headmaster accusing her of spawning witches and that we were her prodigees. *grin*

I'm glad you are out and about and meeting people though.

Bravo!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wrote about us !! :-) and i have to say, on behalf of the coven, we are honoured ... the dinner and company was fabulous :-)

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a dear! Like Zu said we truly had a great time too. Next time we'll do it with Karaoke..and remember my singing is worth the 100 million contract. ( Kan Mak Datin !! Hahaha ).

12:21 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Min:

Thanks. Yes, slowly coming out to smell the roses again. :)

Zu:

The feeling is mutual and you guys are bewitching (pun intended. haha!). As was said in "The Golden Girls" - thank you for being a friend.

Fi:

Likewise, Mak Datin. Karaoke is on - drag Nik and Zu along! And yes, I will make sure that the restrooms meet your PLUS highway requirements, before you visit. ;)

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, next session - coffee in ampang! hehe.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home