Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Monday, September 12, 2005

Great News, Mixed Feelings

Today, I received the best piece of news this year, from the person I didn't want to hear from, the most.

The great news was that the Beast (who was trying to kill my Program) was leaving the Company and had tendered his resignation, to be effective within 3 months.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, they say. But backlash is even sweeter, when God serves it, without Man's intervention or retaliation.

I'm elated - without him there, the Program which I founded would have a far better chance, of growing and prospering.

But the great news came with mixed feelings. Because N was the person that related the news to me. And because the great news may have been too little, too late.

Realizing that no one within the Company, would protect the Program and the members of the Program team from the Beast - I started lobbying the Minister of Form, via the Entrepreneurial Doc, for his Ministry to take over the Program from the Company and from under the ambit of the ministry full of evasive and cowardly civil servants.

And on less than 2 months of effort, I succeeded too. The Minister of Form announced in his speech in the recent summit, that his Ministry intended to take over the Program and grow the program, to realize its full potential and to fulfill its original intentions of having a 2-level step-up funding. The Entrepreneurial Doc is the one that will oversee the growth of the program, for the Ministry.

Alhamdulillah. All my efforts in the last few years have not been in vain and the Program will hopefully continue as my lasting legacy, to the industry.

With the Beast leaving the Company and karma taking its promised full swing, my faith that both the good and the bad get their due, has been revived. Whatever happens after this, the environment for the Program to bloom has been set.

Even if it stays within the ambit of the Company, under the lack of leadership provided by the current CEO, Mr. No Backbone. An indifferent leader, is better than a venomous one.

As for N - thanks for relaying me the great news. I do appreciate it.

I also know that this is your standard format - you want to part on good terms, so that your conscience may be cleared. But know this - nothing has changed between us. After this piece of great news, we're back to being less than strangers, to one another. Nothing more.

Just because I'm polite, N - does not mean that I have forgiven or forgotten. It just means I'm polite.

On a last note, three cheers to the Program! May it continue to serve the country well and successive generations of new talent, from the industry.

And to the next employer of the Beast, they have my deepest sympathies.

They will soon realize that beneath the string of sophisticated accounting qualifications, lies a twisted, manipulative and awful human being, that knows nothing else but to bite and poison the environment around him. Good luck in life, you sad little man.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is indeed great news! And yes, I really pity whomever the Beast will be working with next...

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ironic part is that, if you're not careful with the spite, vengefulness and intensity of your sensitivities, you might grow to be just like the Beast one day! Now that's a scary thought eh? ;)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Najah:

Aisey man, the news leaked out faster than it should, my dear. I forgot that you still read my blog from across the Causeway and may inform the "gang". ;)

The other source was of course, Datin Porsche, who is the partner of Datuk Porsche. ;)


Anonymous:

Good point. Anger leads to the "dark side", as we learnt from Anakin Skywalker.

And truth be told, there was a point that I would have crossed that line and become a beast myself. I wanted revenge and to destroy him with all the influence at my disposal and if I pushed the case, I probably could have.

But then, I remembered that he has an ill wife and family that depend on him for sustenance.

That for all the wicked and personally retarded human being that he is, he was the main financial provider for his family.

And that they need him. And I just didn't have the heart, to wage that war.

I decided to trust that karma will take its righful course.

For now, that line of compassion is still clear, despite my anger.
And I pray it will always remain clear, in future.

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alamak! Sorry la.. didn't know it still wasn't public domain. I asked the gang for confirmation, and their reaction - I wanted to make sure I was invited to the celebration that would surely follow the news! Next time tag your news la... ;-)

11:27 PM  
Blogger Elina said...

Such cryptic language. Is the Company what I think it is? And is the Beast who I think it is? Hmmm...

2:29 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Elina:

Whatever it is that you're suspecting - NO, IT'S NOT. ;)

Najah:

Tag the news? Hahahaha,...

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home