Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Turning 32

30th October. Today was my birthday. My 32nd birthday - felt a bit old.

But yes, this morning, I had a moment of clarity. About everything - life, work, relationships, future plans, etc. And one thing felt good - I felt like I was living in the moment. Not rushing to the future, not trying to recapture the past.

Just living in the moment.

Most of the hours of today was spent with a girl that I'm crazy about. And I was glad that she wanted me to be there, whatever her reasons are, for now. I'm amazed at how happy I am, when I'm with her.

But am resisting from giving it my 100%, before I know where this is going. Looks like as slow as I am, I do learn from Life's lessons after all. I've got a "detachment mode" going on, to avoid any unexpected circumstances.

The early part of the evening was spent at the bookshop, reading. Had a quiet buka puasa alone at A&W and observed people, while reading The EDGE.

After that, caught Zorro 2 at the cinema with Acat, who is currently a bachelor, because his girlfriend is away. ;)

After that, followed Acat for sahur until the day was officially over and switched over to the 31st.

To all my friends who have wished me via e-mail or sms, thanks for remembering and for your warm wishes. I truly appreciate it.

I only have one resolution for my 32d year : Just be happy and live in the moment. Do your best. Let the future handle itself.

And I pray for the right circumstances for certain things, to click in soon. We've got all the right ingredients, the right reasons and the right timing. I just need the right circumstances, this time, to make it work.

That's all I need. Just one more time, God.

Just one more time.

13 Comments:

Blogger lita said...

happy (belated) birthday, you. and don't worry. you don't look old ; )

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday dearie...may you get what you need :)

seeking solace

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Let's hope that 32 is THE magic number!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allah selamatkan kamu...
Allah selamatkan kamu...
Allah selamatkan Tuan Haji Stingray...
Allah selamatkan kamu...

Hehe. May you have more good years to come, with fulfilled dreams, and with your strong voice towards a better Malaysia be heard by the right people, at the right time.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Elina said...

Happy belated birthday!!! How old did you say you were again? 19? :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Lita:

Yes, but that's a trait we both share. :)


Solace:

Thanks, dear. :) Amin to that.


Najah:

Thanks, Najah. :)

At my age, I've stopped believing in magic numbers. Just more blessed moments, within or dinary days.


Voice:

I feel like in P. Ramlee movie! ;)

But if I were in one, I'd like it to be the happy-ending "Madu Tiga" as opposed to the tragic "Ibu Mertuaku".

Although it's beginning to look like the film I'm stuck in, is "Pendekar Bujang Lapok". Hehe.


Thinktankgal:

Welcome to alam TUA. ;) Yeah, but you still easily look like mid-20's. :)


Pseudonym0us:

True, if I was dating people Zsa Zsa Gabor's age. ;)


Elina:

Yes, sometimes I think I'm going at life with the fervour of a 19-year old, but with the experience of a 45-year old. :)

That would make me 32, right? ;)

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Ibu Mertuaku is MY movie. And I think you'd be better in Seniman, instead of Pendekar, Bujang Lapuk ;)

Hey, visit my blog would you? Thanks :)

7:15 PM  
Blogger fade0 said...

if u're in technology n thinking of exposure in NZ, then auckland is a better place. more tech firms than christchurch. theres been a lot of laid offs in christchurch this year. industries r moving out from there to a more metropolitant city.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Voice:

Have visited your blog. Liked your latest entry. :)


Zsarina:

Thanks for the belated b'day and Raya wishes. And thanks for the invitation too. :) Will be there at the allocated time. :)


Minamona:

Thanks. Am hoping for all the things that you're wishing for me, too. :)


fade0:

Thanks for the tip on Auckland and Christchurch. :) Yes, Auckland is a lovely town too.

It's too soon to talk about migrating now. Am not ready to give up yet.

But in 5 years, if my financial circumstances are right and the country's circumstances get worse, it may be the right time to consider leaving.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Pink-Fins @ Blue-Fins said...

Happy Belated birthday stingray,

Sorry I missed it..

Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir dan Batin ye.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pink Fins:

Thanks. Selamat Hari Raya to you too - Maaf Zahir Batin. You having another one of those big open houses at "Southfork ranch"? ;)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Pink-Fins @ Blue-Fins said...

No open kebun this year.. unfortunately.. but dad might change his mind last minute. Like going back to kelate, mulo2 tok sey balik pastu changed his mind, we're going back today.. ;-(

9:43 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pink Fins:

Well, if you do have an "open kebun", call me. And have a good time in KB, kay?


Xmocha:

Thanks. You look familiar - you may have met my alternate ego. :)

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home