Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Monday, October 24, 2005

TV = Health Hazard

It was a buka puasa night between the ex-wife and I. It was a nice Indian restaurant, the food was fantastic and the plasma screen had some Hindi music videos which I recognized.

The night was going well, for 2 people who used to be married to each other. Better than friends, though much lesser than lovers. As usual, the familiarity was lulling.

Until we started talking about that show "One Tree Hill".


Me: Hey, did you watch One Tree Hill Last night?

She: Yes, I did. It's one of the few programs that I like

Me: Sapa your favourite character?

She: Hmmmmm,....I don't know,...but I definitely know YOUR favourite character,...

Me: My favourite character is Brooke!

She: Yeah, I kinda though you would. I kinda like Brooke too,...

Me: I mean, you know, Brooke is so bimbo-ish. Totally my kinda girl,....


As the words left my mouth, I suddenly realized what a loaded statement I made. Especially, when I was talking to my ex-wife.

Her expression changed immediately. Dear God!


My ex-wife is as intelligent, as a rocket scientist. (The only dumb thing she's ever done is marry me!). By making that statement, she might think that I prefer dumb blondes, therefore she was not my type. Or she might think, that I thought she was one - which was even worse!.

Damage control. Think, boy! Think! I tried to soften the blow - by not insulting her.

Me: Well, you know what I mean - I mean, you're certainly not a bimbo,...but I was certainly attracted to you,...

She: Stop it right there. Quit while you're ahead (*rolling her eyes*)

Me: Ok. Let's change the topic. (Sheepish,...)


Thankfully, the next topic made her forget, what had transpired.


Moral of the story: I'm going to quit watching "One Tree Hill". It's hazardous to my health.

And I must remember not to speak about "Desperate Housewives" to my ex-wife - I might slip up with the "thang" that I have for Marcia Cross.

It would not be a Bree-liant idea.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ahh.. anoher case of foot in the mouth disease. don't worry.. we all suffer from it! :D

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha hahahahahahahahaha! Ray... I rest my case!

6:58 PM  
Blogger an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

one tree hill ... *sigh*
desperate housevines *sigh*

what's with these two tv progs anyway? gimme cartoons baby!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Ms J said...

haahha...hilarious posting!

and very admirable that you are able to sit nad have dinner with the EX.

Miss J

9:28 PM  
Blogger lita said...

what *is* it with marcia cross? the red hair, the procelain skin, the fab body..? oh...

i think I've been to that resto, the butter chicken is to die for!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

theory on marcia cross aka bree obsession: every man wants to marry his mother.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops! Ray, that last anon was me.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, at least you're honest with yourself ;)

12:30 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Izreen:

Welcome to the blog! Talking from experience with hubby, is it? ;)


Thinktankgal:

Actually, Ross is the character that I identify most with in Friends.

Bukan terror tukar topic,...more like terrified. :)


Devil Bunny:

Tell me about it, girl! :)


Anonymous:

Stop laughing, Xena! You evil woman! :)


Babe:

If you look at some of the characters in these shows, they're more like cartoons than you think! Hehe!


Lita:

Yes, had the butter chicken too! Dear God! It was divine!

Marcia Cross - she's a redhead babe with a great smile, whose got a down to earth personality and taking a Ph.D.

'Nuff said. ;)


Inconditus:

Took a long time to get to where we are. But yes, it is nice to be able to remain good friends, with one's ex-wife.


Anonymous a.k.a. Najah:

Trust me. If I wanted to marry someone like my Mum, I would have married one of the girls, that she tried matchmaking me with.

And dear God, there were many matchmaking attempts! I felt like a Seven-Eleven bachelor. Haha!

But you know my type, right? Not unachievable, but seems to be constantly out of reach.

Btw, awat pakai Anon ni? :)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Voice:

I try to be. Everyday. Through my writing.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Sharizal said...

marry someone like my mom? no way lah najah ;)

2:40 AM  
Blogger Joe Frigg said...

oh my god.. Bree?? Marcia Cross Bree? I hope you accidentally get that bullet thru ur toes.. hehehe..
She's not ur type la boss.. scary without make up samore.. Nicolette Sheridan the bimbo or the klutzy Teri Hatcher character..

nice to see d other ex's here still admirably communicating too..

Yes Stingray and Sharizal.. Eva Longoria is out of your reach but i have my Eva already.. hehe.. Doesn't Datin P have the sexy hottness to match..

Aiyoo.. now Datin P is singing that Pussycat Dolls "Don't cha wish ur girlfriend was hott like me" song.. down pussycat.. down.. purrr.. hehehe..

10:45 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Sharizal:

Sneaky boy! :)


JD:

I still like Marcia Cross, bro' - I find her yummy. Don't know why,... (God, I'm beginning to sound like Norah Jones,...)

I think maybe Datin P stands for Datin Pussycat lah,...;)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meowwwww... Mmmmm... Purrfect... :P

Datin P

p/s Doncha?! (wiggle & wink.) Ooh baby...

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home