Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Monday, October 24, 2005

1-Year Old Today

One year ago, on this exact date, I wrote my first entry on "Living My Dreams". At that time, it was 2 months exactly after my Mum's death. And blogging served as a form of self-therapy.

One year and 134 entries later, this blog has shared so much, with so many. People who care. People who cheer you on. People who give another perspective on things. And sometimes, people who drag you down.

And surprisingly, there were people who listened and nodded. People who listened and disagreed. People who identified with what I felt, because it expressed, what they could only feel. Sometimes, I think it's because I understand the language of pain, too well.

And some even wrote in, asking for advice, via e-mail. As if I'd be credible in giving such advice.

In Pseudonymous' famous words: "I felt like a blind man giving road directions".

And then there are the friends we've made along the way, from this blog. And all of you have passed through significant events together with me, in my life.

I write, because it makes me happy to write. I write, because it makes a difference to a few souls out there - even if the effect is unintentional. I write, because I'm releasing the "poison" that I sometimes feel inside - it's as if, once it becomes words in this blog - I've exhaled all the poison out from within me.

Somehow, things make a lot more sense when what you have in your head, is written down. It doesn't jump around, convoluted, in your head anymore. The picture gets clearer and it cleanses the soul, of sticky grief and painful memories.

And writing is a way of staying honest, to oneself. To what I think. To what I feel. And to step back from the discouraging and cynical lies, that the world tells you. Too many people don't take the time to do this.

Thank you to all who have shared this journey. Thank you for reading, thank you for commenting, thank you for caring. To those who have left, as well as those, who are still here.

Keep on reading, dear friends. I value your presence here. And all of you have made a difference in my life everyday, just by turning up.

Happy Birthday, Living My Dreams!

14 Comments:

Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Happy birthday to the blog that keeps me coming back. Keep on writing!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Ray,
Congratulations :-)
it has been an enjoyable read since the very first time i stumbled onto your blog. Little did we know, lots wd happen huh ;-)
keep on sharing and writing .. :-)

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you, bro. Time flies when ur having fun, eh? Keep up the good work, mate.

Salam,
ZR

10:22 PM  
Blogger an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

happy birthday b.log.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Pink-Fins @ Blue-Fins said...

Happy Birtday LMD. Keep writing.. See, I still drop by even though you're mean to me.. hmmph ;-(

10:53 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Thinktankgal:

Thanks, gal. :)


Solace:

Welcome back! And yes, will keep on writing.


Zue:

Will do. And yes, life has taken many unexpected turns, hasn't it? I'm praying for a happy ending,...


Pseudonym0us:

Yes, you are fofular, bro'. Even before I quoted you. :)

Get ready to lose that RM10! (Since you've told Rizal what it takes to win it!;))


Devil Bunny:

That's what the blog is for. For you to keep up with me, when you're too busy dancing. ;)


ZR:

You and Arysa Aida were the first people to encourage me, to blog. Yes, it's been fun.

(And there I was thinking how life would be, if I could not read Ms. M's blog anymore);)

I cannot thank you enough, bro. :)


Babe:

Thanks! Baby LMD is appreciative.


Pink-fins:

Thanks, dear. But when was I mean to you? Sorry,....alamak, tak sengaja kot. :(

Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin! (Thought it was timely to say that):)

12:45 AM  
Blogger suzequatro said...

fofular huh pseudonymous. hehe.

anyway stingray, have a good raya and a good life ahead.

peace.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Sharizal said...

Happy Birthday!!!

pseudonym0us: u owe stingray rm10... :D

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday on the blog, bro :-) In honor of u turning one, I have put a link of ur blog on my site titled "A Man Living His Dreams" ... keep it going, dude!!

2:54 AM  
Blogger Joe Frigg said...

Happy Birthday LivingMyDreams..

Keep on living the dream buddy.. may it somehow come true..

Yo Sharizal.. check out Stingray's last posting about Miss N.. there's a bet in it 4 u..

Tun P..

11:08 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Sooz, Sharizal and JD:

Thanks! :)

p.s. Dato P, bila naik pangkat jadi Tun ni? Melampau! :)


Pseudonym0us:

Pay up! Or better still, teh tarik and nasi lemak for Sharizal and I after Raya, ON YOU. ;)


LX:

Am honoured to be one of your links, man. :) Now we've really got "Simbiosis, huh? :)

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should thank Najah for putting up your link one fine day, in one of her entries. I'm glad I clicked on that link, because I never stopped reading ever since.

Happy Birthday Dreams , and to many many more good years to come :)

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Beeelated Burfday to LMD.
This blog has been my therapy and still is. Thanks for the wonderful writings.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Voice:

Thanks, Voice. And thanks for the "About A Man" entry in your blog. I've never been more flattered in my life. :)


Minamona:

How are you, girl? How's the beau? It worries me slightly, that you're taking "love advice" from a disaster like me.
;)


Ms. K:

Thanks for the kind words and for being a loyal reader. I will keep on writing, for as long as there's something left to say. :)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home