Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Friday, December 30, 2005

Another Great Loss

Only the good die young, they say.

When Kitty first called me to tell me about Boon's death - I couldn't believe my ears. I went numb, for a while. And to think that 2 hours before that, I had just returned from Tan Sri Noordin Sopiee's funeral.

Boon had passed away of a freak accident and his wife had been admitted to the Intensive Care Unit, for surgery. Dr. Liew Boon Horng was the chief of Ethos Consulting, one of the up-and-coming strategic consultancy firms, in the country. Ethos Consulting also happens to be ZR's workplace.

If I'm not wrong, Boon was also one of the handful of Malaysians who had ever been attached to McKinsey and Co., the leading global strategic consultancy firm, at one time.

I've only met Boon 3 times in my life (of which twice were over long dinner debates), but sufficient to say, he created a deep impression on me, with his views. I'm proud to have known him, for he was an outstanding anak Malaysia and a true high achiever.

Your passing is a great loss to all of us, Boon and you will be missed, by many. Your great example and the lessons we have learnt from you, shall remain with us, as your legacy.

May God bless your soul, my friend.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now it's my turn to be depressed. It's been an awful 3 months, and yesterday the calls I made and received were all... sad. What a way to start off the year. I'll not end up as a jaded, cynical cow, I'll turn into a heifer.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Yes the good die young. When you think about it, what is there on earth that's worth living for?

Essh.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Dinzie:

Sorry to hear that you're depressed. Hope things will be okay with you.

Don't turn into a cynical cow or a heifer - let's go for pancakes, cakes or Swensens and I'll cheer you up. :)

There are so many things to live for, Dinzie.

And the death of loved ones and friends always remind us, how much there is to cherish, in our fleeting moment on God's great earth.

The question is: if we knew how much time we had left to live - would we live our lives the same way, we do today?

After losing my mother to cancer last year and another 2 friends in the same age-group, pass away this year - I'm really pondering this question.

It's something to think about.

6:05 PM  
Blogger munirah hayati said...

memento mori, et vita

7:30 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Nyonya La Mer:

Por favor? No comprendo, seniorita. :)

Welcome to the blog, Nyonya!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home