Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Wishes for 2006

I don't believe in making wishes. Not even before blowing candles, on birthday cakes or for the case of throwing coins in a fountain. Perhaps, it's a case of "tua sebelum waktunya".

But if I did believe in making wishes for the new year, I would only wish for 5 things:-

1) To be happier and more at peace with myself, what I have and God, regardless of whether I find what I'm looking for, in love or in life;

2) To have a more successful year in business, full of opportunities for further personal growth and enrichment;

3) To lead a positive, well-balanced and a good healthy lifestyle. To live and appreciate each moment as one that has passed, that I will never regain;

4) For more memorable moments with loved ones, family, good friends and filled with deeply meaningful relationships, with lesser complications and fewer mistakes; and

5) To regain the ability (and more importantly, the desire) to make a difference out there, for other Malaysians. I need to believe again - something inside is slowly dying and it needs reigniting.


That's all I wish for, in 2006. That is, if I actually believed in making wishes.

Ha!

5 Comments:

Blogger lita said...

happy new year, ray! may everything you (didn't) wish for comes true ; )

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah. Another cynic in the making, perhaps? ;)

Nah..I don't wish either. I just work for it to happen (while I still have the drive.hehe.)

4:57 AM  
Blogger MDR said...

no harm in wishing.. u never know when they can come true! :-) Happy New Year Sting!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Lita:

Yes, indeed. :) Happy New Year to you too, Lita! 2006 will be a much better year - you'll see! :)


Voice:

Not a cynic. Perhaps a realist? ;)

Hey, you're very young laaaa,...there's enough drive in you to reach Alaska, if you wanted to. :)


Marina:

Maybe I should learn to wish, without hoping, huh? ;)

Happy New Year to both you and your hubby too, Marina.:)

May the coming year be a splendid one for both of you, full of love, joy and blessings.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pesudo:

You meant to say bones or boner? ;)

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home