Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Monday, January 09, 2006

Crashers

I watched "The Wedding Crashers" on DVD tonight. It was hilarious!

But I found myself silently crying at one scene, in this movie. Not because it was because particularly sad, but because something like that happened to me, too. And mine didn't have a happy ending.

Life is never quite like the movies. People always come to their senses in the movies - in life, we can't always assume that things will turn out right. It may not. In the movies, people never get over you. In real life, people get over you, everyday - once they set their minds to it.

There was this one part which Owen Wilson's character said to Rachel McAdams's character (she looked divine in this movie!) "It's not that I'm asking you to marry me - I'm just asking you not to marry HIM!". That line echoed in my heart and mind - that's exactly what I felt like saying at one time, to another person.

And for a bone-tickling comedy, the story had a strong moral to it: There comes a point when you've got to stop being a "crasher" in life. It lacks meaning and it always catches up on you - when you're trying to turn over a new leaf.

I want to stop being a "crasher". I hurt myself and I hurt others, inadvertantly. This has got to stop. I can't let my loneliness and fears, get the better of me. Alone or otherwise, there has to be a better path than acting out of fear and desperation, for fear of dying alone.

Nevertheless, for those who have never been through a similar situation, I would highly recommend the movie. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn sparkled, Rachel McAdams was captivating and Christopher Walken lent a lot of gravitas as the patriarch of the Cleary family. And the lovely and ageless Jane Seymour, was a real "handful" to deal with. :)

Just go watch it! And if you take something away from watching it, all the better for you. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger MDR said...

is the movie as funny as they say it is? never been a crasher before...a crash test dummy perhaps! yeah, maybe that :-)

4:57 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Marina:

I loved the movie! I loved it even more because Rachel McAdams is the embodiment of deliciousness. ;)

Crash test dummy? As in your car crash dulu? Yeah, I've been there myself.

And everyone should be a crash test dummy a maximum of only ONCE in their lives. ;) Drive safely, Marina!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home