Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Monday, January 09, 2006

Salam Aidil Adha

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha to all Muslims out there, in Bolehland. May we reflect on the meaning of sacrifice in our lives and for the religion, on this auspicious day.

And for those with families, may today be another day, when you appreciate more the great blessing, that is yours.

And for the rest of the Malaysians - happy holidays and do have a good break. Drive safely, wherever you are.

Me? I'm keeping myself occupied. Am getting better at handling these lonely Eids alone. I work. I arrange for meetings, coffee outings or solitary karaoke sessions. I have dinner with old friends that fit snugly, like an old glove. I'm coping better now, even though it still feels odd and like something is amiss, in my life.

Kak is right - Raya isn't what it used to be without Mum, fussing over everything and making the day extra special with her presence. Kak's handling it by spending time with her in-laws. I'm glad for her - she was the closest to Mum, before she passed on.

Raya ain't what it used to be - but it seems to be more meaningful now, as I reflect and distinguish between things which seem important and things that really ARE important. Between things which I take for granted and the things that I shoul be more thankful for (like caring friends and good health).

Solitude is a great partner to clarity, sometimes.


EID MUBARAK, PEOPLE! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger MDR said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha, Sting!

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Selamat Hari Raya!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Marina:

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha to you, hubby and both your families too.


Whitechapel:

Thanks. Happy holidays to you too. Are you sure that I don't know you? ;)

7:20 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Thinktankgal:

Hahahaha. Caught and guilty! ;)

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home