Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

American Idol - No Mercury Rising

This week, I'm not going to do my usual review of American Idol.

Have been busy with work and am going through another phase, where I can't seem to read or write on anything that's not work-related, because it feels too damn hard.

I don't want to explain. You've heard it all before, ad nauseam.


This week, all the contestants in American Idol sang the songs by the legendary group, Queen. It's telling how great Freddy Mercury is, when none of the contestants could do a spectacular job, at performing their songs.

This week, I'm just going to only state my selection for the best and worst performance for this week.

My vote for the best performance for this week goes to Taylor Hicks, who sang "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". It was a great song choice for him, it was energetic, it sounded most like Queen and most of all, it's the most confident and entertaining performance, last night.

(Just FYI, I thought the second best performance last night was by Katherine "McPheever" McPhee - singing a sweet and modified version of "Who Wants To Live Forever". She made the song her own, she radiated "stage presence" and it sounded fresh, except for moments of patchy vocals, here and there)

The worst performance this week is by Ace Young, who made the unfortunate choice of singing "We Will Rock You" and being totally ill-equipped to sing the song. The one way to show off a limited vocal range, is to choose a song which you're totally out of depth for.

But if he's lucky, then Bucky or Paris will be kicked out. Now, you know my guess for the bottom 3.

Let's see whether the results will surprise us again, this week. I hope not.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!I've been following your reviews on Idol.Great Job..but obviously you've been hit with the McPheever virus,I think she was cute last night post-performance wise, saying Hi to her parents and all.All in all, i think this is the LAST time the most extraordinary band Queen will EVER be on Idol.I think they were being exteremely polite with their comments on the contestants.I actually felt embarrased on some of their performances, imagine jamming with queen and singing like how 'some of them' were singing. And with maestro Ace re-arranging 'We Will Rock You'? You took the words right out of my mouth abt him.Just check out the results on msnbc.com at 12pm!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Ava:

Welcome to the blog, Ava. :)

Sorry the most recent post had not been much of a review. Am a little out of steam.

And yes, I've been hit with the McPheever virus.:)

I really want her to make top 2 with Chris Daughtry, for a great showdown. Both of them have star quality, I feel.

p.s. If you've checked the results at 12, please don't tell me about it. I usually wait to catch the show in the evening.

The suspense keeps me occupied. ;)

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

atcho kadavaleh.

another AI post.

we have to develop a hobby for you, me and TTG. why not desperate housewives ke... cow and chicken... actually america's top model is compulsive viewing!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Dinzie:

Watching AI IS a hobby for me. ;) I like music - anything that's music or related to singing, I like it.

I think it has something to do with the fact that I can sing - passable enough to be a lounge singer, belting out Sinatra or Manilow oldies. ;)

As for TV, I've gone off Desparate Housewives now - blame it on Grey's Anatomy! ;) Meredith Grey is a dream character! ;)

I used to follow America's Next Top Model and it gave me a brand new insight, about the modelling world and how tough it is.

But I guess I can't relate to it, because I'm nowhere near model material.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. Ace was so horrible! He should be voted off!!!

And I thought Katharine was quite good too..

Okay okay.. you're definitely not in the mood to play.. so I'm not gonna tease you!!

Sigh.. But.. sigh... Bad AI week for me.. :(

You will have to "pujuk" me tomorrow and soothe my nerves..

12:14 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pixie:

You did it again!! You hinted to me!! Aaarrrrgghhhhhhh!!! That was deliberate, Pixie! :(


It's Bucky isn't it? (If it is, then at least, one thing would have gone right, this week!) ;)

Because you teased, there will be no "pujukking" done for you - unlike the Spider song, "Relaku Pujuk",...;)

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest,

I didn't do it on purpose lah. So you still have to "pujuk" me... (sheeshh... now I have that stupid 'relaku pujuk' tune in my head! urgh!) heheh.

All I said was "arghhhhh... sigh.. bad AI week for me..". I could be referring to jst about anybody.. :p

Anyway, lets hope Ace akan terkeluar minggu depan okay? His stupid eyes/gaze are starting to irritate me. Yuck!

1:44 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Pixie:

I DON'T believe you, dear. :)

But no matter, your dream boy, Bucky has been vanquished to Tumbleweed Corner and leaving behind people who can actually sing MORE, than just one genre of songs.

Heheh! That's called rubbing salt in wound. ;)

Read my latest entry on AI.

Wanna take a bet against me that Ace will survive next week? ;)

Although if Ace survives, it's Paris or Eliiot that will be in trouble, for the bottom rung, I feel.

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home