Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Author! Author! (At least for a few pages!)

I'm tingling with excitement!

This must be how an author feels to see his words in print, immortalized in a book. It's surreal and larger than life.

I was at the grand book launch of Datuk Liberal today. I'm one of his ghost writers for one of the chapters which is combined and co-written with another lady friend, Lady Primera (not her real name).

At least an entire section (and one-third of the chapter, of at least 6-8 pages) was written by me - my words, my points, my arguments. It's great to see my work in print, in a proper book. :) It beats cyberspace, hands down!

Of course, what disappointed me was that Lady Primera and I were the only ghost writers that were not indirectly acknowledged in a footnote somewhere, by Datuk Liberal.

But whatever disappointment I felt on that point was offset by the book foreword written by Tun Never Primus (not his real name), one of my favourite Malaysian statesman other than Tun Mahathir - which complimented and highlighted our particular chapter - and in particular, the section which I wrote.

That was probably the biggest compliment that I (or we) could ever receive. Our thoughts acknowledged by Tun Never Primus - immortalized in the foreword of the book! :) I was overjoyed!

It doesn't matter if no one else knows. I know, Lady Primera knows, our fellow ghost writers know and so do some close friends. No one can take that away from me. :)

Just when I thought that life has ceased to be novel and interesting - something comes along and surprises me and gives me a whole new kick!

And of course, I contemplate the idea - what about writing a book of my own, one day?

The itch is there and the voice echoes in my head - author! author!

Why not? :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-))))

8:50 AM  
Blogger NaNa said...

Hi Stingrayz,

Even though, as u said, your name was not acknowledged, it's still a 'WOW' to me. Isn't that something?

Way to go!

Maybe you should start seriously considering writing a book.. your own. Then you don't have to check whether u have been acknowledged or not.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there,

I'm a bit late as usual but found out that i didnt miss much i noticed.

Didnt i mention b4 that u seem to have a knack in this sort of thing?:)

Good 2 hear abt the good news.Any more of this to come?U really shouldnt let August gets in the way of good things to come.

Looking forward 2 hear more from u.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Xena:

Thanks, dear. :)


Nana:

Thanks! :) Yes, will think about that book idea now and I'll start writing it in about 10 years. ;)


Aries213:

Me? Have a knack for something like this? It's just your imagination. ;)

August will soon be behind me. I still want good things to come - if they would.

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think August is already behind you!

Both jobs well done!!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Anonymous:

Thanks, I think,...

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home