Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Friday, April 01, 2005

Eureka at Last!

It is ironic that on one of the saddest days of my life, I received a piece of really good news that I had been waiting for, for 4 years.

It came through an SMS from Good Fella, our contact from Really Solid Partner, who is our umbrella body, for the Even Bigger Program.

Apparently, the final approval stage for the Even Bigger Program, has been passed, at the DG level and will now go the Board of Directors, for endorsement. The industry, will now see something that has not happened, ever, in Malaysia. Something I've been lobbying for, together with my NGO, for 4 whole years.

It's now in black and white. :)

It's been a long journey. It's a bit surreal that it's finally here - confirmed. Thank you, God.

We pulled it off once with the Program, in 2003. And now, the Even Bigger Program, in 2005. I'm elated. :)

It's days like these, when all those endless and repeated lobbying meetings seem worth it. And where we have done justice, to the people whom elected us and we represent, because we deliver on our promises.

I called our new Chairman, The Prince to tell him. He was overjoyed. We're finally at the real destination. He congratulated me and I told him it was a team effort, literally. ;) But we both took a moment, to relish the success and to reflect on the long and arduous journey, up to this point.

Here's a toast to the Even Bigger Program - may this new baby, bring much joy to the industry in Malaysia. Alhamdulillah - where one door shuts, another opens widely.

I'm humbled by your blessings, All Merciful. Your timing could not have been better. I so needed this win, just to keep my faith going.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah..

You're probably going to give me a right blasting for this, but in so many cases I've seen, some women bring you luck by just being there, and some women bring you the reverse by doing the same. Maybe your luck just wasn't with that certain someone. And yes, maybe He is rewarding you for hanging on.

So hang on :)

*MzMin runs for cover*

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at the rate of our comments, Min, we are going to be co-captains of virtual cheerleaders, cheering Stingray along to his road to victory :)

Alhamdulillah, Stingray. Blessings come in different ways. I wish that one day I'm going to read about you in the news and realize that it's you. :)

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not going to pretend to know what the PROGRAM is all about, and I'm intrigue.. but best wishes for its success...

6:04 AM  
Blogger Najah said...

wah! yay! Even Bigger Program, here you come! Congratulations!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Yes, this is like having a virtual cheerleading team. And I count myself deeply lucky, for such friends in need.:)

Min:

It's just a blessing - I'd rather not associate it with any women in my life or the luck that comes (or does not come) with it.

I'd really like to put that behind me. And I wish her all the best in her future.

Fortune favours the bold and the persistent. God willing, it should continue doing so. :)

Thanks so much, for standing by me in these darkest hours.


Voice:

Yes, blessings do come in different ways, in different part of our lives. And the timing couldn't be better on this one - I was at the brink of giving up.

As for reading about me in the news, maybe you will in a few months. :) If you can guess, I'll belanja you makan! Haha!


Sharen:

Read your mail. Catch up with me in Singapore in the next few days, and I'll tell you all about it. :)


Najah:

Thanks! Let's hope that I make this work better than my last work on the Program. :(

I'm hopeful and I really want to redeem myself. I'm using the lessons learnt in the Program and will try to make Even Bigger Program, a bigger success.

Plus, it's heartening to see the positive comments still flowing from the industry players, about the Program.

Yeaayyyy indeed! :)

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stingray, I am SO going to take you up on that belanja makan, Haha and all! *wink*

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Virtual cheerleader? Hehehehe as long as we're not obligated to squeeze into those tinny-tiny-chauvinistic-sorry-excuse-for-clothes, boleh ajer!! Voice takes the left, I take the right, Najah kat tengah.. kita jadi Stingray's personal Stingray's Angels *muahahaha* nampak sangat tak ada kerja!

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, good la you Min, assign me as the Left Angel! How did you know I'm left-handed? hehehe.

Btw, we don't wear tight skirts lar Min..it doesn't do justice to our assets. LoL. We would probably wear corporate, sharp-looking suits. Or demure kebaya nyonya. Hehe.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home