Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Fabulous Bakin' Boys!

On my way to another meeting in KL last night - I dropped by at Alex's new cookie shop in Suria KLCC called Bakin' Boys. It's on Level 4 of Suria KLCC and is right beside Petrosains and Little Penang Kafe.

I'm REALLY glad I made the trip.

Everything there looked good and I wanted to try a bit of everything (they recommended me a box of 6 cookies of my choice) and the only reason I didn't was because I was going to have a dinner meeting, next.

So, I chose 3 items: The Milkman Meltdown, The Martian Fellow (Pseudo, I think Alex named this after you - just kidding!) and the Blueberry Muffin, with orange juice to boot.

I sat down at the semi-enclosed but seemingly quite and private seating space, behind their sales counter. My first impression was: this is a good place for first dates and couples. Or even if you want time alone with a good book (not to mention, not too far away from Kinokuniya). It's cosy and quieter (at least on weekdays) than most of the other floors in Suria KLCC.

But back to the cookies. :)

I decided to start with the Milkman Meltdown - mainly, because it has the most interesting name. ;) One bite and I knew immediately that I was going to come back for more. It was absolutely and divinely yummy! I'm a great big cookie fan, so I silenced the phone and savoured the moment. Mmmmmm,.....

Then there was the Martian Fellow. In my personal opinion, it was not as divine as the Milkman Meltdown, but it was still WELL ABOVE average. You will particularly enjoy it, if your eat around the cookie and leave the creamy bits in the middle, for last. Coool,....

Then, there was the Blueberry Muffin. It was a good solid muffin - tasty and not as crumbly, as the ones I've tasted in the other shops. But yes - it was good.

And then - as a bonus - there's this pretty girl working there - didn't manage to get her name but I think she's managing the place. (Isn't she, Alex? Yes, Alex - you owe more details! Hehe!). She looked as good, as the cookies tasted. Heh! (Pseudo, go check it out, bro'!;))

Overall, people - Bakin' Boys is well worth the exploratory trip. Make sure you drop by, on your next trip to Suria KLCC. You won't regret it, folks!

I'm looking forward to my next trip to Bakin Boys already - to try out the other cookies that I've not tasted yet. And this time, I'm taking the box of 6 and skipping dinner! :)

Well done, Alex, on the Bakin' Boys! :) It's a great achievement indeed.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were in my turf and you didn't call me??? tsk3x Old Man...not good for your political career ;)

Bakin' Boys eh...maybe I'll drop by...

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you found yourself a new parking spot. Will make sure I try it out the next time I come up!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Voice:

Aiyoo,...sorry-lah, lupa. Next time, I will call. :)

And as for the vote,...save it for better people. I'm not joining politics. ;)


Thinktankgal:

Yep, jom change venue to Bakin' Boys! But yes, Alex should hire some good looking boys too - since the name is Bakin' Boys. :)


Pseudonymous:

I didn't know Mars was considered 3rd world, bro'. ;)


Najah:

Hey, Mommy-to-be! Yeah, next time you and hubby are up in KL, let's go together. :)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do the Bakin' Boys need someone to mengeliat-geliat over the baby grand ala Michelle Pfeifer pray tell? If so I'd like to offer my services. All in the name of M&P.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Noni:

Michelle Pfeiffer is SO yesterday-lah. Today's flavour is Rachel McAdams or Charlize Theron. ;) Get with it, girl!

But yes, I'll ask Alex, for you. :)

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gee thanks, make me feel some more tua krepots, y don't u! Rachel McAdams is barely outta her diapers, u cradle snatcher u...

I donch no watchu mean "get with it" or do u mean get ON it?

9:56 PM  
Blogger Ms J said...

wahhhh.... lets do Bakin' Boys this sunday??

I am getting 2 big boxes of 'em to feed some kids at a Golfer's wives/Girlfriends' FUNERAL Party

heh

11:44 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Allo, I'd watch Rachel McAdams get out of her diapers, anyday. :)

And tua not necessarily krepots - look at Aida Rahim ("terima kasih, Imedeen!" as the radio ad would say)

"Get with it" means keep up with the times - like something I which fail to do, from a fashion perspective. ;)

11:46 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Inconditus:

Actually, Bakin' Boys this Sunday sounds goooood. Tell me who else is coming,....

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home