Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

In Need of a Holiday

I haven't taken a holiday break yet, since the beginning of the year. And it's coming to mid-year now.

And as of a month ago, significant events happened that's making this a pretty long year. Nothing makes you age, more than shocking events - and surviving them.

My spirit is feeling a little sapped - my faith in people (and mainly, leaders of all forms) is greatly shaken. And the stress of dealing with this entire event, has escalated to the point that it's affecting my sleep.

I badly need a break. The sort of feeling you have when everything becomes predictable and uninspiring - jaded, mundane - almost a helplessly stale feeling. A deja vu in Murphy's Law. I need a taste of something different - a new vista, a refreshing perspective, a renewed faith in the goodness of people and life.

Something spicy - like the feeling of traveling alone in Spain, that I had, a few years back. Life-changing experiences. New people. New things to understand.

I need a reason to fight. Something that tells me that there's light at the end of the tunnel - and that it isn't just another oncoming train.

Every fibre of my being is screaming out for a break, on an island somewhere - or just peering over a quiet lake, while sitting on the balcony of a water chalet. With fun and pleasant company - a pretty one would be a bonus, but one can live in hope, can't one?

Just a little bit more, I tell myself. Let's get this house in order - and once everything normalizes, let's go take that long-deserved break. I've earned it.

Early June - it's time to go. Just a little bit more to go, boy.

Just a little bit more.

6 Comments:

Blogger lita said...

hang in there, you.

if you want stay at a beach chalet on the edge of a crater lake in sumatera, where all you will see all day is probably a passing fisherman or two,i'll give you the number.

; )

10:41 PM  
Blogger Intan said...

we were supposed to go on a week long holiday 2 weeks ago, but all plans had to be put on hold due to unforeseen, but good circumstances. so we weren't disappointed.

i hope you get to share your holiday with someone special, but going alone is also good(your time is your own).

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the sound of things, I think u should go ahead and take that much deserved break once u got everything settled.The stress and lack of sleep isnt doing anything good to ur health & faith, so u owe it to urself for this reward.

Somewhere laidback where u can have more peace and quiet to reflect on things or maybe just relax without any worries of the world.Am pretty sure that sounds a lot more tempting,dont ya think?

I do hope that it's the light at the end of the tunnel that u'll eventually see by the time u get back.All i can say is dont give up on urself just yet.Not everybody are lost causes.Just hang in there till the end of the month,k?

:)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Lita:

Not quite sure that I'd like to go for a holiday on the edge of a volcano, dear. ;) Don't want to tempt Murphy's Law, know what I mean?

But the place does sound divine, dear. :)

Pass me the number, anyway. ;)


Intan:

Sorry to hear about your holiday plans - but hope the good news compensated, whatever that may be.

Time on my own would be good, (not that I have a lack of that when I'm in KL) but having someone special there would be good - though not likely.

We'll see how it goes.


Aries213:

Not giving up on myself yet, dear. There's much to look forward to - and today, was a great day - workwise, it felt like the good old times were back. :)

But inside, maybe I've given up on
thoughts of not being alone, eventually. Maybe I don't believe in jodoh anymore - everything feels like a red herring.

It's a subtle creeping feeling - but it's there.

I know it.

4:05 PM  
Blogger D said...

Should've posted this entry before I hopped onto the plane last week.

I would've dragged you along!

You could've also helped push me into the water and surrender me to the sea ;)

8:28 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Danyanova:

And what would be the point of surrendering you to the sea again?

Next holiday - keep me in mind, dear. :)

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home