Mimpi Pari

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter"

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Song Playing In My Head,....

This song by John Mayer, sometimes describes what I feel about Malaysia.


Perhaps, in all parts of the world, there will be those of us who are waiting on the world to change,.....and some of us who are moving the world to change, in our own small ways. To each, his own shoes to fill.

*****************

Waiting On The World To Change

me and all my friends
we're all misunderstood
they say we stand for nothing and
there's no way we ever could
now we see everything that's going wrong
with the world and those who lead it
we just feel like we don't have the means
to rise above and beat it

so we keep waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

it's hard to beat the system
when we're standing at a distance
so we keep waiting
waiting on the world to change
now if we had the power
to bring our neighbors home from war
they would have never missed a Christmas
no more ribbons on their door
and when you trust your television
what you get is what you got
cause when they own the information, oh
they can bend it all they want

that's why we're waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

it's not that we don't care,
we just know that the fight ain't fair
so we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

and we're still waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting waiting on the world to change
one day our generation
is gonna rule the population
so we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

we keep on waiting
waiting on the world to change

12 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Tell me about it.

And Mummy is in Politics.

So I concentrate on other country's politics instead and know very little of mine.

Sigh.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Danyanova:

Your mum's in politics? Is that so, dear?

You better stay away from me, then - I always have an acquired taste (a tragic one at that) for politician's children.

They always seem that wee bit more interesting than other people.

So,...just how interesting, are you? ;D

p.s. How's the holiday coming along?

7:55 PM  
Blogger D said...

Sweetheart,

I am a different breed and do not belong to that stereotype as far as politician's children are concerned (donning pearls a different story!)

I dont have a Malaysian political stand which Mummy is pissed about which of course, is done on purpose.

When mothers start giving you options i)do an MBA ii) join Puteri Umno it ticks you off and you start rebelling of course ;)

Phuket was great. But did not serve any purpose other than acquiring a (gorgeous) golden tan.

That and running from my own shadow.

Oh well, what else is new.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Danyanova:

Between an MBA and a Puteri UMNO, I'd pick the MBA.

Ask Mummy to pay for the Stanford MBA, if you can - then you get value for money AND get to be based in California. Bliss! :)


As for running from your own shadow - we all do that, sometimes.

But if you have to run (or swim) for that matter - it might as well be on a beach, while getting a gorgeous golden tan. :)

If you have to be confused, dear - be confused while being a head-turner. :)

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If you have to be confused, dear - be confused while being a head-turner. "

I like that.

See, that's why u're a great male friend to a girl. U really understand woman. ;)

7:21 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Hunny:

I'll take that - yes, as friends, I do understand (most) women.

As lovers, they're still a great mystery to me - like a guy trying to find a black cat in a black room, in pitch darkness. Haha! :)

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just follow the eyes, boy :)

Who knows, maybe one day, the cat herself will come over to find you. Give it time ;)

3:53 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Hunny:

Time is all I've got, dear.

Time is all I've got. :)

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Song in my head has the line: When you go/Will you have the guts to say/"I don't love you/Like I loved you, yesterday"

Easier to run away than to be brutally honest.

Anyway, finally saw "Cinta". It did not disappoint (and thanks for the recommendation). I feel for the poor sod whose wife leaves him, but maybe we should just accept that the probability of that sort of thing happening these days is greater than it has ever been.

Best male friend but no more, huh? I read that Hun Sen, Cambodia's leader, has a glass eye that, apparently, women find attractive -they think it makes him look like a pirate or something. Ever considered getting a scar or two across the face? :)

Anon 2

12:39 PM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Anon 2:

A glass eye, huh? :D No, thanks - I like my eyes, just fine.

As for scars - I think I'll settle for emotional scars rather than facial scars.

It's less obvious but the cut is deeper, than any physical scar. :D

7:13 PM  
Blogger Mme RoSsé said...

aloha bruder,

it has been a while since my last visit.
but as always, still enjoy reading your thoughts.

cheers.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Stingrayz said...

Dame Rosse:

Hey dear, welcome back! :)

It's been a while since I last visited your blog, too - and I'm sorry to hear about your health condition and your battle with cancer. :( I can't imagine what you must be going through, inside.

I pray that things will be better for you, soon.

As for my thoughts, it will always be here, for people who enjoy reading it. Take care, dear. :)

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home